Levo Gen 2 Source for motor connector o-rings?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I am in the middle of replacing the Brose motor mount hardware in an attempt to squash a squeak. One of the two o-rings on the battery cable is broken, and I think I lost the TCU cable o-ring (those things are *tiny*).

As annoyed as I am right now, it's still nice to see the motor so clean.

Have any of you found a source for the connector o-rings?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I'll answer my own question. "No." At least not directly from Specialized. I finally got a response from them, which was that the o-rings are only sold to authorized retailers, not end users like you and me.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I can measure the ones I have but not the one I lost.

My wife suggested rubber bands used with dental braces (at least in the US, not sure about UK) or the hair bands for making pony tails for dolls. I don't think she truly grasps how tiny these things are.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
oringsandmore.com has a large selection and good service. The "Small Parts" store at Amazon has quality o-rings, I wouldn't trust the quality from their other suppliers.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Just buy a box of assorted o rings from hardware shop, none of this stuff is made 'especially' for Specialized!

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Not trying to be insulting, but have you guys looked at these o-rings? They are much tinier than anything I've ever seen at a hardware store.

No doubt they are off-the-shelf o-rings, but it would be nice to have the dimensions (I lost one as mentioned above). The thinnest o-ring listed by McMaster-Carr (which carries everything!) is 1.0 mm, and I think that is too thick for the speed sensor connector.

1652306932053.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles