Soon to be emtb owner from South Africa.

Lew

Nov 8, 2018
South Africa
Hi Rob and all,Thx for the chance to join the emtb forums.I don't know if any other SA people are on here but what the hell.I am going to make the change to emtb in the next few weeks and after reading up and watching youtube my mind is made up but also in the same sentence not at all.We don't have as many different bike makes to choose from in S.A. due to the lack of our shitty currency and so the agents focus more on the traditional bikes and makes.I have my mind on a Kenevo but also the new Giant Trance E getting to our side soon.Biggest problem is they all cost an arm and a leg.So I do have another option to get a used 2018 Turbo Levo carbon Comp from someone here with 20 charge cycles on and in good clean condition.My biggest worry is no warranty on any parts from Spec if the bike was not bought new as first owner and with what I have read and seen on youtube there have being problems with most makes on certain parts of bikes but maby you can tell me if the 2018 Turbo levo comp carbon is a good buy with any major things to look out for before going the used buying route?I know the motor and battery has being upgraded but any other parts one needs to look out for and how does one carry the app on your phone over from one person to another and also does one have to like register on the app with the bicycle serial number or how does it work?

Kind regards and awaiting to hear from you guys out in the levo world.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Welcome - i think worth posting in the Levo forum about the warranty - i know some people seem to have bought them second had and have the original shop it ws bought from confirm the warranty still applies

Lew

Nov 8, 2018
South Africa
Many thx friend.I found the post from Rob about the warranty thay spec has changed from 1st July 2018 that it is covered as long as the orignal payment slip can be provided to the dealer.2 year from date of purchase on battery or 300 charges and motor.Was not told this by any spec dealer I spoke to about buying used.Suppose they all need to sell the new stock that cost a lot of money but the way I see it is if you keep the used market with a warranty piece of mind it will keep more people in the emtb side of things.My 2c.

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Hi there Lew- me and the wife are seriously thinking about a holiday in Cape Town in March 2019, and I wonder if you know a bike shop out there that will rent an Emtb by any chance?

Lew

Nov 8, 2018
South Africa
Hi Bjep.
Great news for you coming to SA.I must be honest to say I stay in jhb and not near Cape Town.Best would be to search the internet for a bike shop near the area you will be coming to visit.Cape town has got for sure the best places to ride and also have a lot of bike shops all over.I am sure you will find via the internet a very good bike shop that would help with renting two bikes.I hope you get sorted and enjoy your time in SA.

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Many thanks for the reply mate, and I'll surely do that. We loved it in Joburg a couple of years ago and this time we want to explore the SA 'mediterranean'!

Lew

Nov 8, 2018
South Africa
Sorry I could not be of any help help there buddy, but I still have it on my bucket list to visit Cape Town and do all the single tracks they have to offer. Unfortunately time and money is tight now but one day for sure.

Lew

Nov 8, 2018
South Africa
Lol. Uk winters are nice!!!!No not at all, I take our SA weather anytime.Be safe and all the best for the festive season.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles