SoCal noob with first e-MTB choice dilema

Z71BAJA

Aug 13, 2022
San Diego
Hi everyone. I’m in SoCal and glad I found this sight. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge and advise from you guys and gals.

I’m in the market for my first e-MTB but can’t decide between a Levo SL or a Fuel eXe.

it will be a daily commuter to work but I still want the full suspension option for possible weekend trail rides.

-Art

Z71BAJA

Aug 13, 2022
San Diego
I’m in San Diego. I just hit local trails in the Chula Vista area.

I still want to think I ride pretty hard on the trails and put my bikes thru some abuse, but my main goal is commuting. I know a hard tail would probably be a better choice for my purpose (90% commute- 10% trail riding) but I still want to spoil myself with a Cadillac….even if it is the lower trim level with Deore components.

Besides my dilema of which brand (Specialized Levo SL vs. Trek EXe) I’m also with the dilema of how much pedal assist I want (50Nm vs. 90Nm)

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
Why look at just those two extremely overpriced brands? Im in San Diego too. Go take a look at Yamaha and Husqvarna. They are also worldwide well know brands, available in San Diego, and you'll pay about $2000 less for a similar component set.

Last edited:

Z71BAJA

Aug 13, 2022
San Diego
Why look at just those two extremely overpriced brands? Im in San Diego too. Go take a look at Yamaha and Husqvarna. They are also worldwide well know brands, available in San Diego, and you'll oull pay about $2000 less for a similar component set.

Thanks Mitchb, that’s the #1 reason I posted here before deciding on a bike brand. I will look into your recommendations. Much appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles