So I officially took my 2021 Trek Rail9.10 out for a shakedown ride.

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
And ended up Being catapulted over the bars off a huge boulder in the middle of a tight downhill, Dinged the new revolution stem the bars twisted front brake lever round and scuffed up the soon to be replaced Zebs. and rememebr Lads Im 53yrs old it was awesome. My elbow took it a bit But all is well. Fox coilover and fox grip 36 are inbound

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Hang on a minute - you're not blaming the crash on your suspension? Shoddy excuse for upgradeitis :LOL:
Bottom pic belongs in pic of the day!

Zorg

May 5, 2021
I
This is why I no longer buy XTR.
Hard to find replacement and every crash is kinda expensive.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
This is why I no longer buy XTR.
Hard to find replacement and every crash is kinda expensive.
Second this. I've never upgraded my Rail 9.8, only downgraded. SLX and Deore now. Broken both brake handles, and 4 derailleurs. And I started not tightening the brake and gear handles to hard, so they slip instead of breaking or bending.
It's rough when the brand new bike gets all banged up though. I feel for you there.

Zorg

May 5, 2021
I
Bikes fine scuffs dont equal damage
The lever looks bent. I had this once and when tried to straighten, it broke. (Small collision with a tree)

Did yours bent ? And did u succeeded straightening it ?

I did not even notice it when the reach screw broke on the other handle. And there goes both handles.

also the marks on the fork, won’t oil leak there ?

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
The lever looks bent. I had this once and when tried to straighten, it broke. (Small collision with a tree)

Did yours bent ? And did u succeeded straightening it ?

I did not even notice it when the reach screw broke on the other handle. And there goes both handles.

also the marks on the fork, won’t oil leak there ?
levers arent bent at all, and a rub ,ark wont let it leak

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
A.Thing is ..that is what you are saying..you mentioned it twice in the posts above..?..and B.. Didn't you do a review of a Bulls Copperhead where you spent 6 months in the wild and commenting on the tyres you said "I went over rocks and smashed it like a rookie " ..hardly the words of someone new to mountain biking ..
Just a small observation ..
Sorry to see the damage to your bike ..but having seen the way you ride on that Bulls review it doesn't really surprise me ..??

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
A.Thing is ..that is what you are saying..you mentioned it twice in the posts above..?..and B.. Didn't you do a review of a Bulls Copperhead where you spent 6 months in the wild and commenting on the tyres you said "I went over rocks and smashed it like a rookie " ..hardly the words of someone new to mountain biking ..
Just a small observation ..
Sorry to see the damage to your bike ..but having seen the way you ride on that Bulls review it doesn't really surprise me ..??
Dude A. get a life B 6 months six months is still a novice, rookie very very new to the sport. Now get out there and find that life. The internet has more enough lifeless trolls patrolling forums

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
?
True ..yourself being one of them ..maybe other folks didnt see your review on your Bulls for what it was ..a stealth advertisement and as much as you try to pass yourself off as a novice ..thats a load of bull too..
No matter ..I will quite happily ignore you from this point onwards ..

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
And ended up Being catapulted over the bars off a huge boulder in the middle of a tight downhill, Dinged the new revolution stem the bars twisted front brake lever round and scuffed up the soon to be replaced Zebs. and rememebr Lads Im 53yrs old it was awesome. My elbow took it a bit But all is well. Fox coilover and fox grip 36 are inbound

View attachment 64704

View attachment 64705

View attachment 64706

View attachment 64707
I'm more interested in how your brake lever found it's way onto your Zeb??

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Did similar on my rail 9 back in April Pedal strike heavy over the bars broken helmet , worst bit was bruising my hands and bending my thumb ,which still not right and making riding difficult at times . Made me question my competence at 57 wondering if I should slow down and just go trail riding
why would you change the zeb fork

obiwun

Mar 22, 2021
Australia
Zeb to Fox 36 grip? Wouldn't this be a downgrade for downhill? Why are you changing this?

I would agree, massive step backwards swapping the Zeb for a 36. I really like the through-shaft Super Deluxe too, I wouldn't swap it. My Rail 9.8 is the first bike I've owned where I am happy with the suspension out of the box. Most of my other bikes have ended up with coils and 36's or Lyrik Ulitmate, but this bike is just ready to go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles