• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Snowdon?

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I was hiking today, going up a hill and talking to someone about Snowdon, and randomly had the thought that now I have an e-bike it might be fun to try summiting on the bike. Obviously it would be from the Llanberis side, I don’t think any of the other paths would be something worth considering.

Anyone tried it or thought about it?

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
I was hiking today, going up a hill and talking to someone about Snowdon, and randomly had the thought that now I have an e-bike it might be fun to try summiting on the bike. Obviously it would be from the Llanberis side, I don’t think any of the other paths would be something worth considering.

Anyone tried it or thought about it?

Have a look on YouTube. EMBN did it, and also quite a few others.
Quite fancied a go at it myself!

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
Interesting watch on the embn video, looks doable though better on a full sus. The May - Sept ban is a shame, though sensible with the number of walkers they get.

It's not a ban, just restricted times, which is entirely sensible. I wouldn't want to be a walker with bikes hurtling past!

From mbwales.com:
"Snowdon Voluntary Cycling Agreement To avoid incidents during busy times and for everybody’s enjoyment, please follow the Snowdon Voluntary Cycle Agreement. Please do not cycle to or from the summit of Snowdon during this period. 10am – 5pm 1st May – 30th September"

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
I've done it a few times, Park near the SUP hire place. Ride up the Llanberis path, will be alot easier on an ebike especially the first road climb to get to the path. Once at the summit head down the Rangers path then hang a right up and over into Telegraph valley its a good descent. Straight down to Llanberis and into the pub ?

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
I've done it a few times, Park near the SUP hire place. Ride up the Llanberis path, will be alot easier on an ebike especially the first road climb to get to the path. Once at the summit head down the Rangers path then hang a right up and over into Telegraph valley its a good descent. Straight down to Llanberis and into the pub ?
Just the route I did last week ??

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
Thanks for posting.
How long does it take to get up and down on an ebike? Roughly..
Thanks.

Not that long really.

F83EAEA2-79A3-42FE-B3E8-63CD6A34F7C1.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles