Smaller capacity batteries available for Levo?

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
Where i live, the riding is short and sharp, no long 3-4 hour rides. Is it possible to get smaller capacity Levo batteries that weigh less? Our group of 4 levos have been finishing our first few rides with 50-70% capacity left.

Would love to get a lightweight battery with 200-250watts with the corresponding decrease in weight.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Where i live, the riding is short and sharp, no long 3-4 hour rides. Is it possible to get smaller capacity Levo batteries that weigh less? Our group of 4 levos have been finishing our first few rides with 50-70% capacity left.

Would love to get a lightweight battery with 200-250watts with the corresponding decrease in weight.
Nothing I’m aware of, but I think it’s a great idea to offer variable capacities to save weight.

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
I’ve wondered about this as well.

There are rumours about larger capacity batteries coming with the new Levo but the flipside of this for me is that I wonder if they could make a lighter / smaller volume / higher density battery with the same 504Wh instead?

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Levo itself is not a light bike and I wonder if you could actually notice the diffrence of 1kg/2lbs lighter battery when riding.

Would not be worth it imho.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I bought a Focus Jam partly for its light? Weight ......however I am thinking about the extra battery pack which will put the weight up above the regular EMTB so whilst I love th eFocus My next bike will be full fat 700w as I really dont think the small weight increase will be noticed
Have fun

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles