Levo SL Gen 1 SL vs Levo motor noise levels

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I owned a 2018 Levo and now a 2020 Levo SL. The SL motor noise is no louder to my ear. It’s slightly different in pitch but not annoying by any means.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Check out my noise here...

Took it to my dealer, and we compared it to their SL demo - they were both the same.

Mine is nowhere near that loud. Where was the microphone, right near the pedals?

I have the SWorks so it has the carbon frame. Perhaps yours is aluminum?
I would check the gear lash (how much play is between the gears), and check if they lubed the gears properly.

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
I'm really sensitive to the noise of these bikes too. Especially riding in the forest. Not being around cars traffic NOISE is a big part of MTBing. One of the things I love about the Brose is how quiet it is. We have Yamaha commuter bikes too and they have only gotten louder with miles. I always have music playing from a Bluetooth speaker when I ride it. I'd love a lighter, lower powered emtb as I ride with no or lower power all the time.... But if it comes with more noise, it's a deal breaker for me as least

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I'm really sensitive to the noise of these bikes too. Especially riding in the forest. Not being around cars traffic NOISE is a big part of MTBing. One of the things I love about the Brose is how quiet it is. We have Yamaha commuter bikes too and they have only gotten louder with miles. I always have music playing from a Bluetooth speaker when I ride it. I'd love a lighter, lower powered emtb as I ride with no or lower power all the time.... But if it comes with more noise, it's a deal breaker for me as least

I’m sensitive to noise too. I build speakers as a hobby.
To my ear, the SL is no louder or more annoying than the Brose 2018 Levo. And this is at full power on a trail with no cars or people.

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
I’m sensitive to noise too. I build speakers as a hobby.
To my ear, the SL is no louder or more annoying than the Brose 2018 Levo. And this is at full power on a trail with no cars or people.
Nice to know, just got the levo so I got about 2 seasons before I'm shopping again...... Ok, always shopping, buying again ?

Decca

Sep 30, 2018
Guisborough
Mine is nowhere near that loud. Where was the microphone, right near the pedals?

I have the SWorks so it has the carbon frame. Perhaps yours is aluminum?
I would check the gear lash (how much play is between the gears), and check if they lubed the gears properly.

Comp carbon, so all carbon frame. Chest mounted camera, but it has exaggerated the volume somewhat. Compare the motor noise to sounds of changing gear. I am going uphill here. Chain is well lubed.

Make no mistake, this is dramatically louder than my 2018 Levo.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Comp carbon, so all carbon frame. Chest mounted camera, but it has exaggerated the volume somewhat. Compare the motor noise to sounds of changing gear. I am going uphill here. Chain is well lubed.

Make no mistake, this is dramatically louder than my 2018 Levo.

You should get it checked. As mentioned, I had a 2018 Levo and the SL is not louder at all. As I explained in another thread, I build speakers as a hobby, so I’m well versed in sound output, frequencies, etc.
It seems like the SLs vary in sound output from unit to unit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles