Show us your Whyte bits

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
My LBS thought the bolt pattern looked the same as Fox, Ohlins, Marzocchi etc. If so, other bolt-ons would work in theory. I ordered the RS short fender on backorder, just shipped so will see how I get on with it. RRP do a bolt-on.
The RS Zeb fender turned up yesterday. TBH it's not great. I'll have to adjust the holes as they don't line up with the threads on the fork, and so it will prob need washers. Once I've finished it will look like I've bodged a fender myself to fit.

I reckon an RRP one would be better once they produce an adapter/confirm one of the existing ones fits.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
The RS Zeb fender turned up yesterday. TBH it's not great. I'll have to adjust the holes as they don't line up with the threads on the fork, and so it will prob need washers. Once I've finished it will look like I've bodged a fender myself to fit.

I reckon an RRP one would be better once they produce an adapter/confirm one of the existing ones fits.
thanks Jamze. i'll see what else is around in that case. Give the RS a miss.

MrSpoon

May 20, 2020
UK

Dang. I have one in order with the LBS. Might ask them to cancel

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Yeah, one of those jobs that needs three hands. There are three locating pins on the back that fit the holes on the fork brace, but you need to flex the fender to get them in properly. Only then will the bolts go in.

So fit the first bolt, but only a few turns. Then flex the fender and push the third locating pin in, then whilst holding it in, get the bolt in quick. Once those two are in, then it's simple, tighten it all up, job done ??

So I formally remove my negative review. Black bolts would have looked better though ?

Fender rear.jpeg
Fender side.jpeg

Alienaddy

Aug 2, 2020
Manchester
Just out of curiosity, what sort of mileage is every one getting off a full charge.

Yesterday we did a 24.69 mile ride with 3200 feet of climbing. My bike had 1 bar left when I got home. About 10 miles from home with 2 bars left it was telling me I had 6 miles left, this figure actually went up as I rode home!

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Just out of curiosity, what sort of mileage is every one getting off a full charge.

Yesterday we did a 24.69 mile ride with 3200 feet of climbing. My bike had 1 bar left when I got home. About 10 miles from home with 2 bars left it was telling me I had 6 miles left, this figure actually went up as I rode home!
30.61 miles, 2,563 feet of climbing longest so far with one bar left when I got home. eMTB on the interesting bits, Tour on the rest of the ride.

Alienaddy

Aug 2, 2020
Manchester
30.61 miles, 2,563 feet of climbing longest so far with one bar left when I got home. eMTB on the interesting bits, Tour on the rest of the ride.
I think I made the mistake of leaving it in EMTB mode for most of the ride when maybe should of been in Tour!!

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I think I made the mistake of leaving it in EMTB mode for most of the ride when maybe should of been in Tour!!
You did more climbing though? The theory is just leave it in eMTB, it will give you what you need in response to how much power you're putting through the cranks. On later rides, I've just left it and got similar battery life.

It's a bit like flicking the compression switch on my rear shock - I'm bound to forget and leave it like that for the rest of the ride, usually realising a mile from home ??‍♂️

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I have a different bike (orbea wild fs) but with the same motor & battery as in the whytes, yesterday in the like district we managed 5500 feet and 31 miles, with about 5% remaining . That was using mainly eco on the downhills, flats, and easy uphills, tour on the harder uphills, and EMTB & turbo on the really steep uphills

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
I have a different bike (orbea wild fs) but with the same motor & battery as in the whytes, yesterday in the like district we managed 5500 feet and 31 miles, with about 5% remaining . That was using mainly eco on the downhills, flats, and easy uphills, tour on the harder uphills, and EMTB & turbo on the really steep uphills
35 miles half of it technical in EMTB and the other half fire road in ECO/TOUR. around 3300ft climbing in total.

MrSpoon

May 20, 2020
UK
Quick question guys, has anybody installed the oneup EDC tool, specialized swat tool, granite design steerer tool or similar on their e160s? Just wondering if there are any compatibility issues with the Zeb?

MrSpoon

May 20, 2020
UK
Took a half day to get some time on the bike. Exploring the cotswold way around Uley, Cam and Stinchcombe. The route I followed was an old GPX I found; a few bits clearly had changed since it was created! The good news is I only came off twice. Lots of fun (the bike was not this clean when I got home!)
7C122DA1-7455-40FD-9673-5442D4EC8348.jpeg

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Took a half day to get some time on the bike. Exploring the cotswold way around Uley, Cam and Stinchcombe. The route I followed was an old GPX I found; a few bits clearly had changed since it was created! The good news is I only came off twice. Lots of fun (the bike was not this clean when I got home!) View attachment 42535
great shot. I was suggesting a walk around Uley fort to my wife only a couple of days ago. I can imagine it does get pretty muddy in them there hills.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles