• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Shockwiz compression ratio

Haribo20

Jun 8, 2020
Kent
HI,
I have a 2020 Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 with Fox 36 ebike fork (170travel). If i remove or add any volume spacers, will this change the compression ratio ? I find it hard doing the shockwiz calibration so it would be useful to just enter my previous ratio and not go through the entire setup/calibration.

Many thanks
HB

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I share your pain when it comes to establishing the compression ratio. Best done with a heavier friend to assist (while you monitor the progress and tell him to press harder, again!) :D

When you think about it, the whole point of adding a volume spacer or two is to reduce the volume of air that gets compressed. Therefore it MUST alter the compression ratio. It must alter it by a noticeable amount or it would not have an effect on your fork's performance. So therefore adding spacer(s) will alter the compression ratio. Adding spacers will reduce the ratio.

Haribo20

Jun 8, 2020
Kent
Thats how how thought it would be, just hoping for the easy option. I struggle with both the compressing and extension. If i wanted a proper work out I wouldnt of got an ebike ??

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thats how how thought it would be, just hoping for the easy option. I struggle with both the compressing and extension. If i wanted a proper work out I wouldnt of got an ebike ??
You are allowed to let some air out of the fork you know! :)

It is still hard work, but it is a LOT easier.

Lett too much out though and it doesn't work! :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles