Shock problems?

Razz1

Apr 7, 2020
Pennsylvainia,usa
Rear shock seems to be seeping a little oil out .I'm seeing it around the sag oring.Dont think it should be there. Only 245 miles. Have to get it looked at. Any one else had oil seepage.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Almost every shock I've ever had leaked a little oil when new (witnessed by oily rings, not dribbles down the stanchion and onto the frame). My first one I took back the bike shop, only to be told that they all do that and that it will soon stop. "Like when there is no oil left you mean?" said I. I was gently advised that there was just a little too much in there and it needed to come out. Once enough had left, it would stop and all would be well. Hmm, I was about as convinced then as I sound now. But they all eventually stopped leaking and nothing ever went wrong. When it came time for a professional service (Mojo, Sram, TFT) no problems were found and they all came back and never leaked. It seems to be something that only new shocks do.
But keep your eye on it! :ROFLMAO:

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Perfectly normal, it's just the oil bath to keep things all smooth and oiled.
When you do a basic service you put a load of fox or rockshox oil in before doing up the air can.
If you lose damping then it is a problem and a repair is required.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles