Shipping to the UK

craigy2782

Nov 22, 2018
fareham hampshire
I believe in stock bikes take around 12 working days to be posted, I ordered a Decoy pro 29 on the 11th March order is still progressing at the moment I’ll let you know when I receive the bike.

Mark02380

Now "Mark24" 👍
Jun 5, 2019
Southampton
I believe in stock bikes take around 12 working days to be posted, I ordered a Decoy pro 29 on the 11th March order is still progressing at the moment I’ll let you know when I receive the bike.
Would really appreciate that, I’ve ordered the same bike on the 13th, been reading to many horror stories
I see you are just down the road from me I’m in Southampton

cheers

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
I’m afraid I also ordered an “in stock” Decoy Elite back in Feb and my order status didn’t change from “not processed yet” for over 3wks. After 4wks I gave up and cancelled the order.
there is no “click n collect”, you can’t pick it up from The Mill Guildford.

Mark02380

Now "Mark24" 👍
Jun 5, 2019
Southampton
I’m afraid I also ordered an “in stock” Decoy Elite back in Feb and my order status didn’t change from “not processed yet” for over 3wks. After 4wks I gave up and cancelled the order.
Looks like they are are still using the same excuses Brexit etc, other companies seem to be doing fine so don’t understand why they are finding it difficult

craigy2782

Nov 22, 2018
fareham hampshire
I’ve just emailed to cancel my order, they should be able to provide a estimated delivery date for a bike in stock, Doesn’t say anything about Brexit when you order and pay, I don’t have confidence they can deliver the bike so I would rather wait for a 2021 ebike thanks for your reply

Mark02380

Now "Mark24" 👍
Jun 5, 2019
Southampton
I’ve just emailed to cancel my order, they should be able to provide a estimated delivery date for a bike in stock, Doesn’t say anything about Brexit when you order and pay, I don’t have confidence they can deliver the bike so I would rather wait for a 2021 ebike thanks for your reply
I’ve just spoke to Chris Hadley, and raised my concerns about lack of communication and the website being very misleading, he seems to think they are about 4 weeks behind, not made my mind up yet if I’m going to wait or cancel

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
I’ve just spoke to Chris Hadley, and raised my concerns about lack of communication and the website being very misleading, he seems to think they are about 4 weeks behind, not made my mind up yet if I’m going to wait or cancel
Yeah I fed back to them and to say they are currently misleading on availability and pricing.
It’s such a shame, that’s not good for their public profile and it’s so easy to be more transparent and honest.
I’ve had 3 YT bikes and they were all brilliant, their products are so good, so being more honest with customers wouldn’t impact on the product demand. I’ll be back for more of their products, but I don’t think they’re managing Brexit and COVID very well right now.

craigy2782

Nov 22, 2018
fareham hampshire
I haven’t had reply about refund yet did you email or fill in returns form online? cheers

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
I haven’t had reply about refund yet did you email or fill in returns form online? cheers
I emailed to [email protected], but the was a follow on conversation with James at The Mill who I’d already been chasing the order through. He didn’t try to change my mind or anything like that, he just asked how the payment had been made.

Mark02380

Now "Mark24" 👍
Jun 5, 2019
Southampton
Going to give them a month and see what happens, but they really do need to sort there shit out, you can only use the Brexit chestnut for so long

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
TBH I don't think they had a plan for Brexit, especially with the high demands from people want bikes due to covid etc. I ordered my Decoy in 2019 xmas time once they announced the 2020 bikes. I still waited 2 months to get it. That was before the first lockdown covid shit

edit: But I was happy in waiting then because i wanted that bike.

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
TBH I don't think they had a plan for Brexit, especially with the high demands from people want bikes due to covid etc. I ordered my Decoy in 2019 xmas time once they announced the 2020 bikes. I still waited 2 months to get it. That was before the first lockdown covid shit

Yeah agreed Brexit and COVID is going to cause any company logistical probs. But YT need to give the customer more honest info, especially if they are advertising a bike as “in stock” - that’s my only issue. They normally do fine with advertising an availability date.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Agreed - Availability Dates can slip - they're never nailed on and currently it's extremely challenging (twats pulling a uey in the Suez Canal not helping!). Have a container landing today which under normal circumstances would have landed 6 weeks ago!

But if you're displaying In Stock generally I'd expect there to be a sensible lead time from Europe. But I don't know if it's bloody difficult to book road transit to the UK currently and I don't know how YT work. Maybe they're waiting to have enough orders for a full container?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I’ve had 3 YT bikes and they were all brilliant, their products are so good, so being more honest with customers wouldn’t impact on the product demand. I’ll be back for more of their products, but I don’t think they’re managing Brexit and COVID very well right now.
Same here. Last 3 bikes were YT, but my next bike is a Commencal Meta SX Power 27. Helps that their showroom is only an hour away from where I live. And they are honest about when the new stock of bikes "should" be in stock with an ETA of July. We'll see if that actually happens though... Very naughty of YT to say their bikes are "in stock" and then make people wait.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver

Same. Factory outlet sale special! Looking back, that was a friggin amazing price. Got the Decoy 2 weeks after purchasing, beginning of 2020, just before Covid. Those prices or sales ain't happening again any time soon that's for sure.

Mark02380

Now "Mark24" 👍
Jun 5, 2019
Southampton
Here it is in the flesh, few upgraded parts added

868CA8F3-FEB5-4025-9F61-3DEF843F0432.jpeg

CE123CBB-D83C-4274-8473-FF0D7058913A.jpeg
C84D2923-A37C-4D8B-BF3B-728A86F7472A.jpeg
49A3D4D7-44A8-4E17-8E4E-F9170C1356CD.jpeg

djuhamman

Aug 3, 2021
Australia
In a week in the UK, I think that they will be able to deliver the bike without any problems. I've already had this experience when they delivered it in five days when I used a delivery from DHL Sendungsverfolgung. I think if you use their service, you can have faster delivery with tracking your package straight to the post office or to your home. I think it can help you because I myself use their service and am delighted with the results that I have with it.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles