Shimano motor switching self off, no error codes, esommet

Bagpu55

Feb 16, 2020
Stockport
E8000 motor, 250 miles esommet. Over the last couple of rides the motor has randomly shut itself off with no error codes. First time at llandegla I heard two beeps from the display (TBH I was caught by surprise) but nothing was on the display and later in the day it just switched off whilst I was free wheeling. Today the motor switched itself off 3 times again as I was free wheeling? I removed the side panel and the connections are clean and secure (motofoamed), I could probably tighten the battery mount by a mm as a little play? Any other ideas. The speed sensor is aligned.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Battery mount would be my first port of call, along with checking the connections to the display are tight, and to the motor behind the cover. Also check the speed sensor cable isn’t tied too tightly to the swing arm, this can cause it to stretch and break

Casper007

Apr 26, 2020
New Zealand
E8000 motor, 250 miles esommet. Over the last couple of rides the motor has randomly shut itself off with no error codes. First time at llandegla I heard two beeps from the display (TBH I was caught by surprise) but nothing was on the display and later in the day it just switched off whilst I was free wheeling. Today the motor switched itself off 3 times again as I was free wheeling? I removed the side panel and the connections are clean and secure (motofoamed), I could probably tighten the battery mount by a mm as a little play? Any other ideas. The speed sensor is aligned.

I have started to have what sounds to be the same issue. Did you find the cause and a solution?

Bagpu55

Feb 16, 2020
Stockport
I have started to have what sounds to be the same issue. Did you find the cause and a solution?
Yes I adjusted the battery mount and realigned the speed sensor but the main issue I think was cables pinching above the motor. It was a right mess in there so re-routed and much better although a bit of a pig to do first time. Good practice though and no issues since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles