Shimano EP8 bearings

Messy

Dec 10, 2023
Luxembourg
Hi gents!
Any chance someone did the overhaul bearing maintenance on their EP8 and has the used bearings used by shimano somewhere at hand?
I'm looking for the list of bearings used together with part numbers:)
I know eBike Motor repair website has the kit together with THEIR part numbers, but thats not the original parts.
I would really appreciate the help
MVIMG_20210811_130030[1].jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Messy Shimano advise that their motor is not designed to be repairable, not surprisingly they don't list any spares or details of any kind.
If someone has dismantled a motor, they will have determined for themselves what size bearings are required. You have the opportunity to copy them and/or substitute a higher quality bearing.
If that is your motor in the photo, you could also measure the bearings for yourself.

Messy

Dec 10, 2023
Luxembourg
Thanks @steve_sordy for input. I'm conscious Shimano are useless in their approach to customer/service of their motors.
That's the reason I'm trying to abuse you guys a bit here on the forums before opening my own motor and servicing it ;)
Just gathering as much info and parts as possible before removing the unit for service from the bike :)
ps. the pic attached is just for attention, as it's just a random one from net :geek:

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Thanks @steve_sordy for input. I'm conscious Shimano are useless in their approach to customer/service of their motors.
That's the reason I'm trying to abuse you guys a bit here on the forums before opening my own motor and servicing it ;)
Just gathering as much info and parts as possible before removing the unit for service from the bike :)
ps. the pic attached is just for attention, as it's just a random one from net :geek:
We do sell the bearing kits for the EP8, you can find them here if you need anything: Shimano EP8 - eBike Motor Centre

akhazard

Sep 29, 2023
Russia
Shimano uses KOYO bearings in their ep8 motors. I couldn't find them for sale in my country, so I installed NTN bearings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles