Shimano e8000 motor with half assist power

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Hello!

i have a problem with my shimano e8000 motor which is about 3 years old. the engine has worked perfectly until now.

the problem I have is that when I pedal it feels like I only have half the assist power so I really have to push to get up to 25 km

I have checked the connection between the battery and the engine as well as the speed sensor and could not see that it was neither dirty nor wet. So what could be wrong?

Last edited:

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Have you tried to configure the Assist Level in etube or STunlocker?
Does your motor reaches a higher temperature (than usual) when assisting?
Any Error in the display?

The motor "mechanical issues" normally are accompanied by strange noises coming from the motor, one of the issues that are not acompanied by noises is the lack of grease. After I regreased my motor, it improved a lot in power and range.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Have you tried to configure the Assist Level in etube or STunlocker?
Does your motor reaches a higher temperature (than usual) when assisting?
Any Error in the display?

The motor "mechanical issues" normally are accompanied by strange noises coming from the motor, one of the issues that are not acompanied by noises is the lack of grease. After I regreased my motor, it improved a lot in power and range.

I only ended up with US settings in stunlocker that's all but I did that about 3 years ago right when I bought the bike. the bike doesn't get higher temperatures, however, so sometimes when I ride up very steep hills I can get error message W013/E010 but it's not always.
the bike does not make any strange noises when riding, but sounds completely normal.

billp91311

Feb 9, 2019
Chatsworth, CA
I suggest to reset the assist to factory settings and only use SL for checking battery health. I use etube for any adjustment of the power levels. My E8000 system did not like adjusting the power with SL. And if you have an external battery like mine I use a pick to pull the connector pins on the battery outward towards each other for better contact with the connector pins on the bike. I do not get the E010 code any longer with the pin fix and no error like the one pictured since stopped using SL for adjusting the power assist settings.

EBike error.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles