Levo Gen 3 Settings to make Levo equivalent to a non e-bike.

Bender

Sep 9, 2023
California
Hello All,

I realize this must be a weird question: I'm looking for the settings that will make the effort of, say, going uphill on a 53lbs Levo equivalent to a regular 30lbs mountain bike. The default ECO is definitely easier than a regular (and lighter) MTB.

Why? Some days I just prefer to work the trails a bit more for that extra shot of endorphins at the end of the ride.

Cheers

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
My Levo S-Works with tuned 20 kg (40 lbs) feels like my KTM Sonic 11 kg with ECO: 10/25 (Support/Peak).
(If you can even compare that...)

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
Hello All,

I realize this must be a weird question: I'm looking for the settings that will make the effort of, say, going uphill on a 53lbs Levo equivalent to a regular 30lbs mountain bike. The default ECO is definitely easier than a regular (and lighter) MTB.

Why? Some days I just prefer to work the trails a bit more for that extra shot of endorphins at the end of the ride.

Cheers
I was looking to do the same thing, so I have a preset with ECO setting of:
Support @ 15%,
Peak Power @ 20%,
Acc response @ 40%,
Shuttle @ 0%.
This seems to get me the same workout as my XC bike on the trails I ride. Hopefully this helps or at least gives you a good starting point, then you can fine tune from there. Cheers

Bender

Sep 9, 2023
California
I was looking to do the same thing, so I have a preset with ECO setting of:
Support @ 15%,
Peak Power @ 20%,
Acc response @ 40%,
Shuttle @ 0%.
This seems to get me the same workout as my XC bike on the trails I ride. Hopefully this helps or at least gives you a good starting point, then you can fine tune from there. Cheers
Oh yeah thanks. I was considering how much help 30% gives me (the default for ECO) and your settings seem spot on! I will give them a try!

Now if I o only we could have more than 3 modes on the Levo... (maybe we can? I remember seeing more numeric modes somewhere.)

Cheers

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I wish they would give more than 3 settings. My Giant had 5, and it was amazing the ep8 has 3 modes but allows you to have 2 profiles on the bike, so you really have 6 modes.

Have you played around with using Micro Tune mode? I still don't understand if it limits peak power in relation to support.

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
My Elite 3 is 46 ponds. I'm 160. When I first got it, I dialed ECO down to 20Nm of torque, 50% support and 1 on Launch (lowest settings available). I'm 71 and quickly caught a couple of young fit riders on a 1500-foot climb. That was as low as I could go on this bike, so I'm not sure you can dial it back enough. When I'm on the Elite, riding with my wife on her mtbr, I usually have the motor turned off.

Having said that, I can also get a great workout in on the ebike, at high power, it's just faster. I'm still running 50% ebike/50% mtbr just because they're both fun, but a one-hour ebike ride takes 2 hours on my mtbr.

Bender

Sep 9, 2023
California
I wish they would give more than 3 settings. My Giant had 5, and it was amazing the ep8 has 3 modes but allows you to have 2 profiles on the bike, so you really have 6 modes.

Have you played around with using Micro Tune mode? I still don't understand if it limits peak power in relation to support.
Yeah more modes would be convenient. I'm sure Specialized will add them eventually and force us to buy a whole new bike just for that 🤣. I'd add a "regular MTB mode" as the first level. Today I only get out of eco when there's a hill that doesn't add much or when the heart rate is climbing too much (I have to do HR control unfortunately).

I don't have the TCU on my bike (have the alloy version). I heard something similar can be done with blevo but didn't try it yet.

Cheers

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
Yeah more modes would be convenient. I'm sure Specialized will add them eventually and force us to buy a whole new bike just for that 🤣. I'd add a "regular MTB mode" as the first level. Today I only get out of eco when there's a hill that doesn't add much or when the heart rate is climbing too much (I have to do HR control unfortunately).

I don't have the TCU on my bike (have the alloy version). I heard something similar can be done with blevo but didn't try it yet.

Cheers
I have the Alloy as well. I have different presets set up in the app to give me different riding modes. I have a "Trail" preset where the 3 levels have specific settings, then another for "Climb" with different settings for climbing forest service roads in my area, and then one for general riding / commuting. So with them being changeable on the fly, you can have as many riding modes as you would like really. I have a Quad Lock with my phone mounted right in front of me so it makes it very convenient.

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Oh yeah thanks. I was considering how much help 30% gives me (the default for ECO) and your settings seem spot on! I will give them a try!

Now if I o only we could have more than 3 modes on the Levo... (maybe we can? I remember seeing more numeric modes somewhere.)

Cheers
Easy, use micro tune.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
I just leave my Levo turned off. Sure, anyone can go out and buy a bike without a battery, but I enjoy the extra resistance.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
Don't forget a big backpack with a couple fat cats inside and a few bricks!!! 💪🚲:ROFLMAO:
The big backpack is a given. You can't even call yourself an ebiker if you don't have a big backpack. I use the camelbak hawg with a spare battery. Which of course I only use to increase dh weight for faster dh times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles