Mission Control Settings for technical climbs

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
Turbo is too much for technical climbs, but great for the steeper sections, it impresses me the stuff it can climb, Eco its not enough (specially since I use it at 25%) and trail was a bit much also in the most techy sections.
Any of you who climbs technical trails find a setting in Mission control that you modified that works best for techy steep climbs.?

Yesterday while riding I did reduce peak power to 80% on trail mode and that alone helped quite a bit on the most technical sections.
Trails are on the steep side and twisty, rooty, rocky, and some off camber.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Depends how steep. Trail at 50 or turbo at 100. In both modes selecting the right gear, keeping a smooth cadence, body position, and scrubbing the brakes are the skills needed.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Keeping peak power 80% in Trail has been the best I can manage. Even just bumping it to 85% shoots me off the trail in real technical sections too often. 75% doesn't seem to be enough and I can bog down. I think you've hit it on the head. Also use 50% for support in trail. For turbo- Support 85%/peak 100% and this works well if it's wide-open with room to get wobbly a bit at times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles