Seatpost tightness Hybrid 160 TM

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Have my seatpost tightened to the torque spec but it won't stay up and after it drops during the ride it seems to move around a TON more than you'd expect. I even borrowed a second torque wrench to confirm that mine wasn't just not accurate. Is anyone else having that issue? I'm going to put in an axs reverb tomorrow so now wondering if I'll have the same problem with that.
Thanks

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
I had the same problem when I first had mine, just gave it a wipe down and put some lock tight on and it worked after a couple of attempts. Just don’t be tempted to over tighten, my dealer warned me not to over tighten as he had already had someone who cracked the frame.

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Wonder if anyone has put carbon paste on their seatpost. I haven't but I know most mechanics near me do.

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Oooh. The UPS driver just left me a present.

IMG_20200908_155318.jpg

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Two updates. One, the carbon paste made all of the difference in the world. Seatpost now stays where I put it. Two, on the Rockshox AXS seatpost, make sure you know how long the one you're ordering is. I went to the 150 which is fine except that the actual post is too long and I'd be like a midget suspended in air. I had assumed it would be much shorter than it actually is. I'll compare to the 125 but back to Amazon this goes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles