Santa Cruz Heckler SL

Wildman13

May 7, 2024
Live in an RV
I've sene people asking about the new Heckler SLs so I figured I'd post some info.

Wife and I picked up ours October 30th, 2023. We had demoed the Transition Relay 29 vs MX in Bellingham and really liked the MX. We were not sold on the removable battery and my wife hated the colors of course. We had ridden Transitions for 5 years and really loved our old bikes. We wanted Enduro SL E-bikes and the Relay was really the only bike in that category. Then 2 days after demoing those the SC Hecker SL dropped. We found one to demo north of Salt Lake and went to Bikers Edge to Demo the Relay head to head with the Heckler SL.

We had never ridden a VPP suspension and the Loam Wolf really hates that VPP. They had just Awarded the Relay SL Bike of the year so we figured the Heckler had little chance of competing but it was the only other choicewe felt in an an Enduro Category. The Heckler was hands down better! Even in the chunky sections, I couldn't believe it. I rode the same section of trail a few times to make sure. I felt the VPP handled the chunk better than the Relay 4 bar. Exaclty opposite of the loam wolf review. They probably know better than me but that was my impression.

We've put about 1,000 miles on each bike since then. We live in an RV and travel riding bikes. The added weight of the Ebike makes it handle so much better. The longer wheel base on the Heckler SL vs my Patrol (both mediums) is night and day in feel and stability.

I just put my 3rd motor in this past week. Wife is still on the first motor. She's on her 3rd rear tire and I'm on my 2nd. We switched to Conti's and are both on our first set on contis. The maxxis stuff is junk now. I'm wearing down the rear a bit though with all the slickrock riding in Hurricane and Moab over the last 2 months,.

We absolutely love these bikes even though I'm on motor 3. Fazua has replaced both motors super quickly. The only delays are getting the shop to do the work and call fazua to calibrate the motor when Fazua is open, lol.

bcmtb

Nov 1, 2021
WA
Very nice. Do you have any pics of your bikes?

I used to have a Megatower, would be fun to test ride.

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
I love the look of the Heckler SL and would seriously consider one but I couldn’t live with the uncertainty of the Fazua. Onto your third motor in 1000 miles is crazy.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Why two thread s in the intro section ?
There's dedicated parts to the forum for specific questions and you will have a load more luck in answers using them (y)

Wildman13

May 7, 2024
Live in an RV
I love the look of the Heckler SL and would seriously consider one but I couldn’t live with the uncertainty of the Fazua. Onto your third motor in 1000 miles is crazy.
Apparently the first 2 were Gen 1 motors and now I have a Gen 2. I assumed the bike came with a Gen 1 as it was probably stuck a a ship somewhere but was hoping the first replacement was a Gen 2.....but nope lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles