Sold rotors

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
torn bicep tendon means I wont be riding for 6 months
6 months? Blimey. I was back on the bike the following week, although I didn’t realise I’d done for a couple of months… 😂 What treatment are you having?

Apr 14, 2020
Surrey, UK
I tore it ages ago, I just didn't realise it so just kept riding, pain has got worse and worse, stopped riding a couple of months back because of it thinking it was just a strain, but saw someone the other week who scanned it and said I have torn it, he says 4 months of rehab before gym weights and then back on the bike, just doing some odd stretch he gave me at the moment and reverse bicep curl i think it is called, only making things worse so far, I'm 50 so imagine this is why rehab is going to take so long.... So missing pretty much the whole summer.
Doesn't help my mates sending me endless videos from the trips to Wales :)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Have you got Popeye arm? Has the tendon been re-attached? Where did it tear?

I've been receiving treatment through BUPA. I've torn the tendon off the muscle and damaged my rotator cuff. Unfortunately, the damage to the bicep is not repairable so I've got months of physio to look forward to in an attempt to compensate for the loss of strength. I'm not too bothered; it hasn't stopped me riding and that's all I'm bothered about.

Apr 14, 2020
Surrey, UK
No mine has just torn not ruptured, the guy treating me has a ruptured tendon, he never had it fixed as the rehab time for that is 8 months and at the time he was off to Canada to snowboard for the winter and did not want to miss the season, but other than the Popeye muscle has no issues or loss of strength.
He said I would have been better off rupturing it 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles