RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3 - Rebuild Kit

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
Hey All,
My rear shock is leaking oil on the shaft.
Anyone know where to get a rebuild kit or have suggestions on fixing without the 50hr kit?
If it's a thrushaft shock & it's leaking from the thrushaft, which can happen it's a big job full shock strip down.
If it's a Rockshox download the service manual & see what's involved/special tools.
If it's the air can your talking about it's a bit easier, but that shouldn't leak much/any oil

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
Hi, its' a thrushaft. So that is a Big job? Can Joe end user do it via YouTube vids?
So far, I'm having issues with finding the rebuild kit.
LBS says it's 60days away.
[/URL]

You should download this PDF & read it?. All the information you need is there. Then decide if You've got the skills?

Try this link, I think the other one's ??
[/URL]

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
Thanks!
I kind of need the kit 1st , skills second :p

Might upgrade to a DVO or Fox if RS can't keep up with rubber oring demand.
Not sure the if the links are good but it's all on the Rockshox website, it's not a straight forward job.
Seal kits no good if you can't fit it & rebuild shock.
& It should be under warranty if it's a 2021 thrushaft deluxe ultimate.

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
If It's under warranty, don't touch it, send it back. Mines weeping a small amount of oil, kinda knew it would start eventually, but I'm gonna wait until winter to return it. It's not a major job to strip them down if you have the kit but you'll need a 25mm flat wrench and a 32mm regular wrench amongst other basic tools. Bear in mind a tiny bit of oil can look like a big old mess especially when it's dry and dusty out....

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
That main seal is designed to run wet, when they stop making the main shaft damp with a small amount of oil it's time to strip down and service the air can. Unless it's pouring out and dripping off the yoke I wouldn't worry about it.

An air can service should be built into your regular service interval. I do mine every 6 months or so.

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
If you don't know then you don't know.... We all have to start somewhere.
True.
I did try & determine the/ask the shaft which was leaking & said the air can is easy & thrushaft is a bigger more difficult job.
The service manual I advised to read will still answer most of his questions & give information/experience.
But OP didn't seem overly keen on that.

Thanks all for the input and direction.
I had read posts of leaky seals on the new Treks, so assumed the worst.
I will check air and oil loss over the next 2 weeks and see what we get.
If it is normal action, then we are good and saved me $500+ (since I was ready to move to a DVO or Fox while I wait for seals)

The Rail has had some poor QA components (Chain Ring, Crank) so I'm a bit overly worried about the next component to cause headaches.

As well I will give the service manuals a look over too, yesterday was not a good day to be focused and or comprehend the English language (lack of morning brown I suppose).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles