Rock guardz

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
Hi All
Anyone out there using or tried the Rock guardz motor cover on a 2022 cube stereo.
Just looking for honest reviews before I buy
Cheers.
IMG_0763.png

2WHLFUN

Apr 27, 2022
Trinidad, CO
I haven’t tried this brand but in my experience carbon fiber doesn’t make for a very durable bash guard.

I bought some Kydex 1/4” thick sheets and a heat gun. Molded my own after breaking several oem guards. It’s has some give to it.

Beaker2135

Subscriber
May 13, 2021
Cumbria
I have a RockGuardZ on my 2019 Cube
I’m not the gnarliest of riders but I gave it a serious stirke on a rock and it just chipped the gel coat off the fibre is still intact
Each to there own but I don’t like the look of the steel ones

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@2WHLFUN Thanks for the link to the Kydex product. That is an excellent video guide, really informative. I don't need it right now because almost the whole of my downwards facing down tube is a rubber battery cover, but I have filed the link for the future. You never know! :unsure:

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
I have a RockGuardZ on my 2019 Cube
I’m not the gnarliest of riders but I gave it a serious stirke on a rock and it just chipped the gel coat off the fibre is still intact
Each to there own but I don’t like the look of the steel ones
Neither do I and my theory is anything bolted to the frame the shock of hitting something is just gonna be passing into the bolted mounting points.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles