Rise H range extender issues

Saddletramp

Oct 7, 2019
Huddersfield
Just received my new range extender for the H and it's a big disappointment. It's half the capacity of the main battery and about a quarter of the range. I'm sure it must be faulty. If it's not then it's not worth 400 odd quid. Has anybody else got one and is it any good ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I have one for the M version of the Rise. Works well and as expected. It is only 252whr so correct in assumption it is half the main capacity on an H, it's more on the M which only has a 360whr main battery.

Usage and range will vary depending on a multitude of variables, temperature, mode, cadence, etc.

My 360whr can get me around 25 miles and 3500ft mainly in ECO. Adding the Extender adds about 15 miles to that. Its insurance for me on longer rides.

I'm not an electrical engineer but I have heard that the extender cannot draw as much power as the main batteries so may feel a little under-powered compared to main battery. If this is the case, I've not really noticed as I tend to ride mainly in ECO where power draw isn't huge to start with.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles