Rise Club Tips

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
Hi everyone.

I got my brand new Rise H15 around 3 weeks ago. My first e-bike. :p
I am coming from a Stumpjumper that I still own although everyone is telling me I will end up selling it during next weeks.
And I am enjoying it a lot!

But this post is also to bring my first tip in case it is useful to this community. I have observed that latest spring rains and dry dust is coming around the seal for charging port through the charging plastic door, making it difficult to keep that sensitive area clean.

And I have found a cheap way of improving that with a slice cut out of an old tire tube, and put around the charging door as outer seal.
1654264410230.png

Attaching a picture to illustrate the concept.

Have a nice ride!!!!

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
I have rode couple of times with it and it is preventing a lot of dust to come into there.
If it doesn't stay in place, cut a slightly narrower ring. No glue needed :)

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
I need to go back to step #1 - Close the door after charging. Went on a 20+ mile dusty ride today (So.California, the land rain forgot) and when putting the bike back on the rack noticed I forgot to close the damn door after charging it. Cleaned it out afterward, charges fine. BTW the door is a b*tch to open or close.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
I need to go back to step #1 - Close the door after charging. Went on a 20+ mile dusty ride today (So.California, the land rain forgot) and when putting the bike back on the rack noticed I forgot to close the damn door after charging it. Cleaned it out afterward, charges fine. BTW the door is a b*tch to open or close.
I have a sticker on my bars which says 'charge port' to remind me to close it as I've done the same a load of times.

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
You need to close it as soon as you pull charging cable out. If you leave it open and go to do something else, you have high chances to forget it open.

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
And now another simple tip: this time to protect the power button from dust and water.

20220614_213329.jpg

Just used some spare piece of bike frame protection transparent film (bike shield in my case), and sticked it over the power button area.
Cheap, fast, effective and available to everyone!
I hope you like it and it helps you enjoy this playful machine for longer.

Last edited:

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
New tip: Yesterday I got my BR-MT520 delivered (more than 50 euro :eek:, maket is crazy) and followed the suggestion from @Funks. With M4x0.7 tap you can make a thread for the Shimano pad axle.
20220712_191103.jpg

And here the new 4 piston caliper instaled with Shimano pad axle and snap retainer used in SLX and XT calipers.
20220713_210713.jpg

I like the solid black of BR-MT520 caliper in line with frame colour. BR-M6100 is a bit more black-grey while BR-M7120 is a bit black-blue ;)

Erjabato

May 28, 2022
The great Spain
Yet another simple idea, hoping you find it useful.
Use a portion of an old tire tube and after taking your saddle off the bike, pull it down through seat post to prevent dust and dirt coming from rear wheel to enter inside the frame. Picture attached:
20220729_100201.jpg

eddomak

Feb 4, 2022
Australia
Jump start your bike if the power button fails...
In the latest Jeff Kendall-Weed video review of the Rise Alloy he also had power button issues and got stranded. He has since been advised (and shared on the video) that you can "jump start" the electronics (and switch the bike on) by lifting your back wheel and rotating it backwards 3 revolutions.

I tried it on the weekend a couple of times and it works! Took a couple of tries as I needed to shift into one of the gears that made it easier to rotate the wheel.

Last edited:

Raleel

Jun 2, 2022
Washington
Jump start your bike if the power button fails...
In the latest Jeff Kendall-Weed video review of the Rise Alloy he also had power button issues and got stranded. He has since been advise (and shared on the video) that you can "jump start" the electronics (and switch the bike on) by lifting your back wheel and rotating it backwards 3 revolutions.

I tried it on the weekend a couple of times and it works! Took a couple of tries as I needed to shift into one of the gears that made it easier to rotate the wheel.
Huh, how does that work? Is it generating power in reverse?

eddomak

Feb 4, 2022
Australia
Huh, how does that work? Is it generating power in reverse?
Yes - you may have noticed that when the bike is off and you wheel it backwards the power light glows. I guess by lifting the bike and doing it so long it switches on and stays on. I am guessing this trick will only work if you have some battery life left. Try it out, and give it a thumbs up or report if it doesn't work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles