Ridewrap or Invisaframe?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Purchased an Invisaframe kit for my YT Decoy Elite and based on feedback from a gent who has installed a few different brands, went with the Ridewrap. Getting it installed this week. Have a new Turbo Levo S-Works and would like to get some feedback from riders who have tried both or has experiences with either brand.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Purchased an Invisaframe kit for my YT Decoy Elite and based on feedback from a gent who has installed a few different brands, went with the Ridewrap. Getting it installed this week. Have a new Turbo Levo S-Works and would like to get some feedback from riders who have tried both or has experiences with either brand.
If anyone needs an Invisaframe kit for a size Large Specialized Levo, let me know. Will sale for a good price (I'm located in San Diego, California and will ship if you're not local)

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I used the Invisiframe kit on my new Cube 140tm and so impressed I bought another for my clockwork bike. Really accurately made and great coverage

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’ve used Ride wrap on three of my bikes. Delivered from Canada to Australia in 4 days, 5days during covid, best delivery process ever!
Ordered replacement panels as well and they sent extra ones I didn’t even ask for.
Fit and finish was really neat and provided great coverage. Supplied with everything needed to complete the job.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I’ve used Ride wrap on three of my bikes. Delivered from Canada to Australia in 4 days, 5days during covid, best delivery process ever!
Ordered replacement panels as well and they sent extra ones I didn’t even ask for.
Fit and finish was really neat and provided great coverage. Supplied with everything needed to complete the job.
Appreciate your detailed feedback! Nice to know there are still companies that still provide good old fashioned customer service!

Nikolai_V

Feb 6, 2020
Dunedin, NZ
I have a Ridewrap kit on my carbon Levo. The matt finish matches the frame really well, and so far has made the bike easier to clean and stopped any scuffs or stonechips. I got the LBS to install it as they have a mechanic there who`s a guru with wraps. She did say it was a great kit - and that she`d be recommending them as well as the invisiframe ones in future.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
They are just up the road from me in Whistler. Highly recommended. I need to order some replacement panels as the bike experienced a few dings this season.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I wrapped my Levo in Invisiframe, worked a treat. Only feedback is, if its your first time 'wrapping' then its worth paying someone else to do it or get some spare off cuts (Invisiframe kindly chucked in a few for me). I've had Invisiframe on my last 3 bikes and its been faultless.

Only thing is the kit misses one half of the down tube, don't know why. I emailed them direct and they sent me out some off cuts for free with the kit which I cut to shape and fitted. Think @Rob Rides EMTB had the same scenario when he fitted his.

I've had Ridewrap on an Enduro bike a couple of years ago, that took some punishment but again was faultless.

For me it was simply down to where the company is based. I'm in the UK, so is Invisiframe; I had the confidence that if I needed aftercare support it was same-country. Whether that actually means anything in todays world who knows.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Invisiframe all day long. I just purchased by mistake the ridewrap for my levo pro 2022 and the first piece I attempted to fit onto the RH bottom chainstay, is far too short despite it been the so called right size.

I'd previously fitted the Invisifame on my Comp carbon 2022 so had some idea of fitment ect. The ridewrap kit has more components to it, but it's more of a gimmick as you can mix your own lubricant solution and probably have a micro cloth too. You also get two patches of isopropyl impregnated tiny cloths that aren't adequate enough to degrease the whole bike.

Luckily I paid via PayPal and just got a full refund for it. Trying to get hold of ridewrap uk was a joke, finally the call terminated in Canada where I wasn't given any resolution for a refund after explaining that the kit was too small to fit my frame.

My advice is to buy the Invisifame kit if your in the UK, both kits are made from the same material and the fitment is much more accurate, to give you an example, on the kit I was sent, the piece for the LH bottom chainstay where the cable exits,didn't have the cut out for this piece to fold around the contours whereas the Invisifame does. Also the Invisifame has a much more detailed map clearly showing which part goes where, the ridewrap kit is less detailed leaving much to you to work out what goes where. With the Invisifame it's impossible to fit the wrong piece in the wrong place as its more clearly labelled what goes where.
My only criticism for the Invisifame kit is its virtually impossible to see the individual pieces against the clear backing sheet. I found it easier to cut each individual piece out separately from the backing sheet, this way you can offer it up against the frame making small adjustments, without ruining the piece and getting crap on the sticky side.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Invisiframe all day long. I just purchased by mistake the ridewrap for my levo pro 2022 and the first piece I attempted to fit onto the RH bottom chainstay, is far too short despite it been the so called right size.

I'd previously fitted the Invisifame on my Comp carbon 2022 so had some idea of fitment ect. The ridewrap kit has more components to it, but it's more of a gimmick as you can mix your own lubricant solution and probably have a micro cloth too. You also get two patches of isopropyl impregnated tiny cloths that aren't adequate enough to degrease the whole bike.

Luckily I paid via PayPal and just got a full refund for it. Trying to get hold of ridewrap uk was a joke, finally the call terminated in Canada where I wasn't given any resolution for a refund after explaining that the kit was too small to fit my frame.

My advice is to buy the Invisifame kit if your in the UK, both kits are made from the same material and the fitment is much more accurate, to give you an example, on the kit I was sent, the piece for the LH bottom chainstay where the cable exits,didn't have the cut out for this piece to fold around the contours whereas the Invisifame does. Also the Invisifame has a much more detailed map clearly showing which part goes where, the ridewrap kit is less detailed leaving much to you to work out what goes where. With the Invisifame it's impossible to fit the wrong piece in the wrong place as its more clearly labelled what goes where.
My only criticism for the Invisifame kit is its virtually impossible to see the individual pieces against the clear backing sheet. I found it easier to cut each individual piece out separately from the backing sheet, this way you can offer it up against the frame making small adjustments, without ruining the piece and getting crap on the sticky side.
Either you are very unlucky or you have your brands mixed up?
I’ve had 5 ride wrap kits and all kits fit perfectly. Joins were much tighter and the kit covered more frame than invisiframe. Instructions for which piece went where was very simple to read.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
I must be very unlucky then as I've definitely not got the brand's mixed up.
I won't ever buy the ridewrap again if only for the poor after sales.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I must be very unlucky then as I've definitely not got the brand's mixed up.
I won't ever buy the ridewrap again if only for the poor after sales.
I think you were as I have had great dealings with them.
At least you found what works for you. Any protection is better than no protection!

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
I did invisiframe on all 4 of my Levos. Some where matte and some shiny. They all fit perfect.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Has anyone had a problem with the paint on the frame dropping and following when removing the frame protection ?.

Have read several who have had this problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles