RideControl Evo on Full E+1 Pro Problems

Toneee

Mar 30, 2021
Germany
Hi All,

Ive just tried to connect the RideControl App to my Full E+1 Pro but I get an error saying

"Unfortunately you Giant E-bike is not compatible with App"

Ive read a few things and seem to remember I was able to connective app over a year ago? Is this due to the firmware that's installed on the bike?

I hope I don't need to take it to the dealer to get this resolved, is there a way to do an update myself etc?

Hope someone can help!

Toneee

Mar 30, 2021
Germany
To answer my own question, I just came across this useful bit of information on the Giant Site (DE)

"The app is compatible with all GIANT and Liv e-bikes from the 2019 model year."

Which leads me to the next question, what's the point in it being Bluetooth compatible etc if I can't connect anything to it:confused:

Toneee

Mar 30, 2021
Germany
Also found the old version of the ride control app from 2018

"This app is no longer operational. To provide you with a better experience we have developed a brand new RideControl app which is available for download"

Well bugger...old app doesn't work, new app doesn't work.

Toneee

Mar 30, 2021
Germany
I received an official notice from Giant that the RideControl app does not and will not support any bike from before 2019.

From my point of view this is bad, that a bike that is less than 3 years old looses functionality or upgrades. even though the technology RideControl Evo) is pretty much the same.

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
Hi, as far as I remember I used one of the first releases of the app on my old '17 Full-E. With it I was just able to check battery health and nothing more.
The app was clearly not designed for this generation of bike so nothing to expect from it...

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Dont feel left out. The app is worthless for those with new bikes as well. The only time I use the app, is after reading a post about the app, and its usually to confirm some loss of functionality, functionality that is not there, bad information, or a connection issue.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Consider yourself lucky. Being unable to connect means less chance of the giant (cr) app messing your bike up.

My full e has a mixture of parts replaced at various times during warranty. The other week it was getting some tlc at the lbs , and it came back with yet another upgrade. Now it defaults to auto when I start up, switches to basic, by the third click I'm in eco.

I'm looking forward to the day when the bike starts riding backward

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles