Reverb "Connectamajig" Alternative

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
So recently I changed out my dropper lever for the Reverb under bar remote. It was working flawlessly for several rides until yesterday. I pushed the lever in and it stayed there and the seat wouldn't go down. Now I'm not the tallest bloke (177cm) so my dropper needs to be all the way home to fit my leg length. I got home and pulled the dropper to find that the "connectamajig" fitting was bent and the connector fractured and therefore leaking oil.

Now only god knows why Rockshox would fit one of these quick disconnect couplers to the bottom of a seat post, this adds at least 55mm of extra fixed length onto the bottom of the seat post and in my case I'm guessing it was sitting up against the seat tube bend and just the slight bit of frame flex resulted in the connectamajig fracturing. Who would need to take out their dropper so often that you'd need a special quick disconnect fitting?

Anyway after a bit of research and hunting down, I found out I can now fit one of these, it takes about 25 - 30mm out of the equation. So if you need your seat lower or it is already slammed home, this fitting might be what you need for your Reverb dropper.

Last edited:

OZIAU

Aug 20, 2019
Australia
So recently I changed out my dropper lever for the Reverb under bar remote. It was working flawlessly for several rides until yesterday. I pushed the lever in and it stayed there and the seat wouldn't go down. Now I'm not the tallest bloke (177cm) so my dropper needs to be all the way home to fit my leg length. I got home and puller the dropper to find that the "connectamajig" fitting was bent and the connector fractured and therefore leaking oil.

Now only god knows why Rockshox would fit one of these quick disconnect couplers to the bottom of a seat post, this adds at least 55mm of extra fixed length onto the bottom of the seat post and in my case I'm guessing it was sitting up against the seat tube bend and just the slight bit of frame flex resulted in the connectamajig fracturing. Who would need to take out their dropper so often that you'd need a special quick disconnect fitting?

Anyway after a bit of research and hunting down, I found out I can now fit one of these, it takes about 25 - 30mm out of the equation. So if you need your seat lower or it is already slammed home, this fitting might be what you need for your Reverb dropper.

I had the same issue with the same fix. AUS$45 supplied & fitted by the bike shop.

Last edited:

Ol ebiker

Oct 21, 2019
NSW Australia
Well I think that is what I need as I cannot lower my dropper far enough down to use all of the 150 mm mine broke and leaked dropped all the way down on my first ride LBS replaced dropper but stipulated that I cannot lower it any deeper. They are out of stock at Mountain Bikes Direct but will chase one up, thanks for the tip.

28aus

Dec 20, 2020
Melbourne
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but after breaking 3 connectamajigs I'm looking for an alternative.
The link that HORSPWR posted doesn't connect any more, does anyone know what the alternative is called?

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but after breaking 3 connectamajigs I'm looking for an alternative.
The link that HORSPWR posted doesn't connect any more, does anyone know what the alternative is called?

On MTB Direct, select dropper post spares, then Rockshox in Brand and then you'll come up with Rockshox Reverb Parts, scroll down to options and there's around 6 different parts to choose from. You want the Hose Barb - Hose Into post (second option down).

Last edited:

jman657

Jun 5, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I had the same problem as HORSPWR on my E160 900e. Dropper was working fine for 2 years, it's never been moved, then on the weekend stopped working. Pulled it out and could see Connectamajig isn't straight, pressing the dropper button I could see oil bubbles coming out from Connectamajig. No idea how the dropper was working fine the day before if it was bent and then just didn't the following day.
Google searching for Connectamajig brought up lots of things except the part I need so thanks to HORSPWR's link and info to MTB Direct I worked out searching for 'Connectamajig Collar' was what I needed.

reverb.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles