Levo Gen 2 Replacment TCU bolt

Rawks92

Nov 13, 2020
England
I've read many posts about water getting into the TCU. I wash my bike with a sponge to help prevent this but it seems like it was innevitable. I have a liquid gasket to put around the TCU to help prevent it in future. I used a t10 torx bit to remove the TCU but it's rounded and I can only find replacement bolts for the battery. Anyone got a thread size / length or where I can get a replacement would be greatly appreciated

Woody1975

Jul 15, 2020
amsterdam
Interested in a source for these also.
The shop where i bought the bike told me that Specialized dos not sell the small replacement bolts etc

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
Interested in a source for these also.
The shop where i bought the bike told me that Specialized dos not sell the small replacement bolts etc
They don't ?
During my first ride I lost one of the little bolts that clamp the rear brake liner (LBS probably forgot to tighten it and tbh I forgot to check).
Got a new one instantly. LBS seems to have all replacement bolts.

silverstone

May 20, 2019
Switzerland
How on earth can you round out a t10 torx screw?

But anyway, you said it allready what screw you need ;) T10 is M3 Screw. length will probably be around 10mm. But you can measure that by yourself.

Rawks92

Nov 13, 2020
England
How on earth can you round out a t10 torx screw?

But anyway, you said it allready what screw you need ;) T10 is M3 Screw. length will probably be around 10mm. But you can measure that by yourself.
Because it was well over tightened for what it is. There are different threads also and without counting TPI, then getting a zeus book out to convert, its like pissing in the wind. Pointless

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Hi T10 is correct, but it's a M4 screw.
Are you sure it's M4? From memory it is smaller that M4 ... Standard torx size for M4 is T20, so I guess it should be M3x10mm T10 countersunk screw ... Can anyone confirm? (not having bike in reach of my hands right now ?)

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I have now found this exact spare screw, it is M4x10mm indeed but it has nonstandard head and it is from ALU material which makes it pretty fragile, especially torx socket: TCU SCHRAUBE M4X0.7X10, TORX, BLK
Standard screw M4x10mm with countersunk head or socket head may still work for you if you're not OCD kind of person.

Last edited:

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
The bolt head might be kind of fragile, if you over tighten it, but better that than stripping the thread in the frame. How about getting an alloy bolt of the right thread and machining down the head to fit - just put it in a drill and file it down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles