replacing brakes

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I did run Saint levers with my MT5s we’re ok now running Loic Bruni levers on my MT5s, nicer than the Saint levers

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I did run Saint levers with my MT5s we’re ok now running Loic Bruni levers on my MT5s, nicer than the Saint levers

Personally I prefer the feel of the new XTR M9120 and XT M8100 levers over the older Saint levers. No matter what I just can't get over the feel of all Magura levers. Just a personal preference.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
Saints are the most reliable brakes I’ve ever had, great at instant power, I’ve put them on all my bikes apart from the rise as I can’t afford it at the moment 🙁

hugoagogo

Sep 14, 2021
UK
You should try Magura MT5 or MT7 calipers with Shimano levers, all the stopping power of the Magura's but without the crappy lever feel.
I'm currently running MT5 calipers with my XTR M9120 levers and they are the best brakes I've used to date.
Nice one, will try that when the XT calipers eventually leak.

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
For people with an Orbea Rise Alloy - at least the H30 - you'll definitely need a park tool LRT-2 lock ring tool to drop the motor and change hoses. The chainring it comes with it is a single piece (no chainring bolts).

Wild-Fins

Sep 24, 2021
SoCal
For people with an Orbea Rise Alloy - at least the H30 - you'll definitely need a park tool LRT-2 lock ring tool to drop the motor and change hoses. The chainring it comes with it is a single piece (no chainring bolts).

On the side, does the H30 come with Centerlock or 6-Bolt brake rotor?

Garryy

Sep 7, 2022
USA
To install brakes on a bike, pushing back the brake caliper is essential because not doing it can cause damage to the pistons of your bike. Push it using a pad pusher tool to ensure that you’re doing it the right and safe way.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles