Levo Gen 2 Replacement pads for 2021 Turbo Levo Comp

gingergirl

Jan 11, 2021
Canada
Hi. I'm looking to purchase some brake pads for my bike. Conditions here tend to be dry in the summer and wetter in the shoulder seasons and typically do normal single track with some uphills and some downhills but nothing crazy. Brakes on bike are SLX M7120 but I don't know how to tell if pads they are resin or metal. I've read metal is recommended for ebikes?? Anyway, would love some suggestions for replacement pads. My pads are fine now but I want to buy some ahead of time to be prepared.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I just bought some standard replacement pads from my local concept store. They are Shimano D025 Metal brake pads Y8FF98010 p/n 40953 20.41

They are metal, which explains why a rubbing disc on my bike sounds really dreadful compared to me old Stumpy, which had resin. I guess the added weight of the bike means that resin pads would wear out pretty quickly.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Organic pads for me all the time
They do wear quicker , but have plenty enough bite
Mainly though because they are much quieter in use
Pretty much silent in the dry , squeal a bit In the wet but usually only when first applied, the first bite on a wet muddy disc seems to deal with any crud on the disc and pad and then then quiet again as the brake Is modulated

gingergirl

Jan 11, 2021
Canada
Pretty much silent in the dry , squeal a bit In the wet but usually only when first applied, the first bite on a wet muddy disc seems to deal with any crud on the disc and pad and then then quiet again as the brake Is modulated

Do you know what brand/part number you are using?

gingergirl

Jan 11, 2021
Canada

Thank you. Will add to list of potential candidates. :)

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
I would check out GorillaBrakes.com I use them on both of my Levo's 2019, 2020, sram, but they make shimano pads too.
I was literally blown away with the improvement over the stock sintered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles