Levo Gen 3 "Budget" Brake Pads for SRAM Code R ('22 Turbo Levo Comp)

milkandrelish

Nov 29, 2022
Arcata, CA
This is my first time with SRAM brakes, and the stock pads are quite a bit more expensive than I am used to. Has anyone discovered any alternatives that work well? I don't mind paying for the stock pads if they are the best option, but I figured it would be nice to crowd source if there are others that work well.

Dec 23, 2022
Brisbane, Australia
I've used Galfer and Ferodo brake pads and both are really good. Neither are going to be much cheaper than the genuine pads, but I do not want to compromise braking performance so I will only buy reputable brand pads. Galfer and Ferodo's long history in the moto industry means they know their stuff when it comes to making quality brake pads.

milkandrelish

Nov 29, 2022
Arcata, CA
First, work out if they are RE or RS - that's a 50 % saving already. Trust me....
I'm having a hard time figuring this out. The brakes themselves don't tell me much and specialized website says this. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20230101-100911~2.png

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Code R brakes

Stock SRAM metals pads - not great, some noise on long descents. Decent life

SRAM Organic pads - quiet, very quiet. Chewed through them very quickly

Galfer Ebike pads - just installed and so far very promising

Santastic

Jan 17, 2024
Romania
2nd vote from here for Galfer's pads. Standard pad cost about 12-14€ here in Europe and they are made in Spain, EU.
Hi. Got any link for the Galfer pads, I also have Code R and I would like to try them out? Are these metalic or semi-metalic?
Thanks & Cheers!

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
My favorites are Truckerco. They work well and are cheap. I get four sets for $28 shipped.
I've had good use of the organic and semi organic Truckerco's but had a hard time with the sintered pads. Got 2 sets for my 8120's and could not get a good bite. Couldn't get them to bed good at all. Heated them up to the point of discoloring Magura MDR-C rotors. Slapped some Galfer purple pads in and perfect.

That said, I've had a bunch of friends that liked these. I think I'll try a set of their green pads next.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Code R brakes

Stock SRAM metals pads - not great, some noise on long descents. Decent life

SRAM Organic pads - quiet, very quiet. Chewed through them very quickly

Galfer Ebike pads - just installed and so far very promising

Ate the galfers up. They were good just not long lasting.

FYI I do about 150K ft of elevation a year.

Very happy with the MTX Gold pads. Really good. Do make a little noise when wet, guess it's the ceramic?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles