Replacement brake pads

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Yeah I've found cheap pads to be a false economy & pretty poor performance (braking material breaking away from the back plate!), which is why I'm happy to pay for a set that works and last. Had the front on since not long after buying the bike in August, so it's shrugged off nearly 500 miles of abuse, this last month or so of rain and a day a BPW last weekend (when I fitted the rears) and not missed a beat... So in my book your better off with a decent set (& bed them in), but you pays your money and makes you choice.

IIRC the basic Levo come with Guide T's? Avid Elixir or DB5 are the correct shape I believe

Last edited:

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Yeah I've found cheap pads to be a false economy & pretty poor performance (braking material breaking away from the back plate!), which is why I'm happy to pay for a set that works and last. Had the front on since not long after buying the bike in August, so it's shrugged off nearly 500 miles of abuse, this last month or so of rain and a day a BPW last weekend (when I fitted the rears) and not missed a beat... So in my book your better off with a decent set (& bed them in), but you pays your money and makes you choice.

IIRC the basic Levo come with Guide T's? Avid Elixir or DB5 are the correct shape I believe
Thanks dude

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Anyone have experiences with Kool Stop organic pads, are they any good?

Paul Chance

Jul 14, 2019
Solihull
Im the Importer for CL Brakes, The pads are world Class DH pads, very aggressive and long life they wont suit everyones budget, but in the long run will work out the same with increased performance, and a stark difference in lever travel and modulation, I suppose thats why International teams use them, they wouldnt be fitting six quid kid pads at that kind of level.
Ive a Levo myself and the difference was so dramatic I bought stock to add to our substantial
race car inventory, we supply WRC, Historic F1 Masters cars to name a few.
You pays yer money..

Bicycle Performance Brake Pads – CL Brake Pads

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Im the Importer for CL Brakes, The pads are world Class DH pads, very aggressive and long life they wont suit everyones budget, but in the long run will work out the same with increased performance, and a stark difference in lever travel and modulation, I suppose thats why International teams use them, they wouldnt be fitting six quid kid pads at that kind of level.
Ive a Levo myself and the difference was so dramatic I bought stock to add to our substantial
You pays yer money..

Thanks Paul ...I think I’ll go with those ...I followed the link you added ....I’m new to emtb so I’m asking lots of questions about every component ?

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
You pays yer money..

You wouldn’t have the part number for the CL pads by any chance.
I’m riding a 2017 fattie☺️☺️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles