Removing the twinlock system on Lumen 910

trailrunnerx

Nov 20, 2020
Squamish, BC
Has anyone done it? How easy is it to do?
I've had multiple Scott bikes (x2 Sparks, a Big Ed and a Ransom) and I always kept the twinlock, but I find it unnecessary on the Lumen plus it makes the cockpit super crowed. I would like to remove it but unsure on how to proceed

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
If you simply remove the twinlock levers from the cockpit you will lose the ability to switch your fork and damper to the three different modes. Both will stay on the descent/full travel setting.

All you need to do, is disconnect the cables from the fork and damper, remove the cables from the frame and unscrew the whole twinloc lever assembly from the brake lever.

Now you need a new lever for the dropper post. You could get the original one for the Fox Transfer, attach the existing dropper cable and screw it onto the brake lever.

trailrunnerx

Nov 20, 2020
Squamish, BC
If you simply remove the twinlock levers from the cockpit you will lose the ability to switch your fork and damper to the three different modes. Both will stay on the descent/full travel setting.

All you need to do, is disconnect the cables from the fork and damper, remove the cables from the frame and unscrew the whole twinloc lever assembly from the brake lever.

Now you need a new lever for the dropper post. You could get the original one for the Fox Transfer, attach the existing dropper cable and screw it onto the brake lever.
thanks! I like the full travel setting, I like the extra traction it provides when climbing.
Is the damper easily accessible on the Lumen?
I will be upgrading my dropper post as well so I can easily get a new lever.

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Is the damper easily accessible on the Lumen?
Absolutely not. It’s hidden inside the frame. To reach it you need to remove a plastic cover and then have access to the air valve and rebound lever. With the cover removed you can also get to the blue mode knob where the twinloc cable is attached. There should be just enough space to unhook the cable from the damper.

trailrunnerx

Nov 20, 2020
Squamish, BC
Absolutely not. It’s hidden inside the frame. To reach it you need to remove a plastic cover and then have access to the air valve and rebound lever. With the cover removed you can also get to the blue mode knob where the twinloc cable is attached. There should be just enough space to unhook the cable from the damper.
thanks!

Sparkomatic

Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnshire
Not to go on too much of a sideways rant but I wish Scott would stop putting Twinlock on their ebikes. If I was buying again, I'd avoid Scott bikes because of it.
I removed it from my Genius Eride, but as said above, I can now no longer lock out fork or shock if I wanted to ...which tbh I don't, but I still feel like having the option to do so without unnecessary extra lever & cable clutter is far preferable

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
I still feel like having the option to do so without unnecessary extra lever & cable clutter is far preferable
The Lumen eRide is a XC bike with 130 mm of travel front and rear. Especially on the rear I find the traction control (middle) position much better for climbing. With the custom Fox Nude damper made for Scott this reduces rear travel to 90 mm and raises the rear.

There is also no option to change the setting without remote cable because the damper is fully integrated inside the frame and can’t be reached from the outside.

Sparkomatic

Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnshire
The Lumen eRide is a XC bike with 130 mm of travel front and rear. Especially on the rear I find the traction control (middle) position much better for climbing. With the custom Fox Nude damper made for Scott this reduces rear travel to 90 mm and raises the rear.

There is also no option to change the setting without remote cable because the damper is fully integrated inside the frame and can’t be reached from the outside.
Ah, perhaps makes sense on that bike then.

I still feel there is zero need for it on any trail/enduro ebike

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles