Rear wheel removal 2018 Haibike sduro fullseven

RJL55

Jan 12, 2021
Fareham
I have a 2018 Haibike sduro fullseven. I want to remove the rear wheel. I can see it has a through axle which has an allen key fixture on one end and a lever(not quick release) on the other. I cannot seem to get either to undo more than one quarter turn and i don't want to force anything. I am pretty unfamiliar with working on ebikes and just wondered if there is something I am not doing to enable the axle to be undone . I cannot see anything obvious. Any guidance would really be appreciated. I am fitting a new chain and cassette . Cannot believe how quickly the last one wore out but from what I see now its probably the way I have been using the bike.
Any suggestions appreciated

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
If the wheel hasn't been off in two years then it probably needs a bit of WD-40 followed by brute force.

RJL55

Jan 12, 2021
Fareham
Guess so. Just didn't want to give it the full caveman approach if there was some secret locknut or something needed releasing.

Cheers

Richard

RJL55

Jan 12, 2021
Fareham
Thanks for the advice. I decided to bite the bullet and apply brute force. It did the trick but it appears the top section of thread on the axle had been stripped when the wheel was fitted hence the problem getting it undone. All good now and once again thanks for the tips.
Every days a learning day !!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles