Rear suspention

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
Hi all
not had my hard tail cube reaction Long but the wife is after it so looking at a FS, can some one explain the real everyday difference between 120 and 140mms travel i don't do wild mad down hill or really technical stuff just a few Green or maybe Amber runs around sutton bank that my cube has handled so far, seen some good deals on bikes with only 120mm.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would say you are more looking at the bike overall, as some bikes are "overforked", i.e run more travel up front than out rear.

Generally specking the more travel, the more capable downhill a bike will be, but again there is far more to it than that.

If you are generally just cruising around like you say, 120mm is fine, and will feel like a magic carpet compared to your hardtail.

If you are looking at deals, I would get the best specified bike that fits you, and sits within your budget.

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
I would say you are more looking at the bike overall, as some bikes are "overforked", i.e run more travel up front than out rear.

Generally specking the more travel, the more capable downhill a bike will be, but again there is far more to it than that.

If you are generally just cruising around like you say, 120mm is fine, and will feel like a magic carpet compared to your hardtail.

If you are looking at deals, I would get the best specified bike that fits you, and sits within your budget.
Thought so cube stereo 120 it is then thanks for the info

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
[QUOTE="Titch mortimer, post: 74111, member: 2461"......... i don't do wild mad down hill or really technical stuff just a few Green or maybe Amber runs around sutton bank ............[/QUOTE]

100mm will be fine also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles