Levo SL Gen 1 Rear Shock Upgrade

Signis

Aug 14, 2022
Norge
Time for an upgraded rear shock on my levo sl expert 2020. Looking for a dpx 2, can I use all shocks with 210x52,5mm ? Found a used one with the code D4JQ, could that one work? If not, what to look for?..

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Any 210x52.5 shock will fit or any 210x55 shock which would give you an extra 6mm of travel

The code D4JQ gives you the description, looks like it came off a Salsa Blackthorn so it maybe tuned for that frame's set up, when buying 2nd hand shocks its best to get them serviced asap to make sure everything is ok, so you could get it tuned to suit you then

One thing to watch out for is if your not already running a piggyback shock then, if you fit one with a piggyback you may have to run a smaller water bottle (500ml rather than a 750ml) as the 750ml one wont fit due to the piggyback resvivor being in the way

.zig

Oct 9, 2022
Central Florida
I don’t know about the SL specifically, but beware using a longer travel shock than stock. You don’t want to find out the hard way that the bike doesn’t have clearance. You may mot know until you hit a full compression drop., which could cause an impact with the frame.

Jukka4130

Jun 27, 2021
Finland
I don’t know about the SL specifically, but beware using a longer travel shock than stock. You don’t want to find out the hard way that the bike doesn’t have clearance. You may mot know until you hit a full compression drop., which could cause an impact with the frame.

Easy to test with a coil shock. Take the spring off, install the shock, and cycle the suspension and the shock through its full travel.

.zig

Oct 9, 2022
Central Florida
Easy to test with a coil shock. Take the spring off, install the shock, and cycle the suspension and the shock through its full travel.
Air shock is the same. Just let all the air out of it. But by then the man has purchased a shock. Maybe a note to specialized factory support would lend some insight.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
210x55 shocks work fine on the Gen1 LSL. Have been using 210x55 for 2 years (X2/Ohlins coil), size Medium comp carbon, zero issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles