Levo Gen 2 Rear Mudguard ?

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Is there a decent rear mud guard that works with the Turbo Levo Comp 2020 ?

I've got the mud hugger on my regular hard tail and they're hideous! Refusing to put one on the Levo

Choc3

Apr 10, 2020
Scotland
Check this website. I have one on my Levo 2020. Levo is not the easiest to fit a mud guard.

The sicomtb mud guard protects to a certain degree.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
One reason I'm so against the mud hugger is where I live there are loads of awkward gates, steps, barriers, fences and the Levo is more than enough to handle as it is through all these!

This Mudhugger gets in the way enough when handling my light weight regular hard tail through this constant stream of awkward obstacles while off the bike so can only imagine what a handful a Levo would be with one on.

Miru

Oct 23, 2020
Romania
Fitted a mudhugger shorty but it’s really at the rubbing limit for the stock 2.6 butchers so i think riding in muddy/wet conditions is a nogo

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Check this website. I have one on my Levo 2020. Levo is not the easiest to fit a mud guard.

The sicomtb mud guard protects to a certain degree.

Very expensive

It also only sells as a pair when I only need a rear. I'm happy with my front mudguard which is a RRP ProGuard

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
The current situation where wet-muddy rides are a no-go is no good it means leaving a bike I paid £5300 for just sat doing nothing for long periods of time

I paid for this bike so that I can have a lot of fun and it's not happening most of the time

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I've got the Sicomtb and mudhugger on mine (it gets bloody muddy around here). Some might say it's OTT, but it works fine for me.
1613748102630.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I may have offered this information before??
On my Levo I have the Mudhugger front mudguard fitted on the rear...plus the Mudhugger extension. Cost is c £30 for the mudguard plus extension piece. To fit it to the rear it just requires shortening slightly. Use some strong scissors to cut midway across the Mudhugger insignia. That end of the mudguard will then fit very close to the cross member between the chainstays.
The combo will protect the shock, pivot bearings, and dropper and prevent mud going down between the chainstay cross member and motor.
It will not totally protect your backside/back. For lockdown xc type rides I supplement it with a cheapo "Ass saver" just push fitted under the saddle.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I've got the Mudhugger FR Front Mudguard and can't see how in any way it could fit on the back of the Levo. It is just too wide and everything gets in the way. I can't even imagine how I could cut it to fit. There pivots and seatstay just gets in the way so much.

mudhugger2.jpeg

mudhugger1.jpeg

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
Topeak defender xc here ( with a perma fitted zippy on short mudguard rrp
)
DEFENDER™ XC1 / XC11

fyi - std 29 butcher tyres(so very limited clearance) and close fitting mudguards + the right (*or wrong) type of mud = wheel lock(*both wheels, totally and utterly)

luckily my previous ebike spare winter wheels fitted and were 27.5 / maxxis shorty, so I’m using them - no more mud lock ever

Kristian

Oct 6, 2020
Fairfax, CA
Hey, this one is great. Simple, cheap ($15), easy install. So far so good - great customer service. Only sells on eBay I think - a small SoCal bike shop. This is to protect the motor and lower joint. To protect my back I use the kind Mucky Nutz type on the seat.

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
IMG_20200221_163647.jpg

I bought a rear mudguard from central coast bikes. It's just enough to stop mud building up on the lower pivot area. It uses two existing bolts at the bottom of the motor housing. I have also added a mudhugger for the winter to prevent me getting caked in mud.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No. It is only cut to shorten it a little. The FRX has the mudhugger badge on one end. I cut that end so the mudguard finished directly in line with chainstay cross member. You can have it going down between that cross member and the tyre but I find that leaves too little clearance.
This video from the Mudhugger site shows you how.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I've tried a variety of different rear mud guards and have just given up. They only delay the inevitable build up. I do love my front Mudhugger however!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No. It is only cut to shorten it a little. The FRX has the mudhugger badge on one end. I cut that end so the mudguard finished directly in line with chainstay cross member. You can have it going down between that cross member and the tyre but I find that leaves too little clearance.
This video from the Mudhugger site shows you how.

here

mudhuggerFR_LI.jpg

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
After reading this thread I have just bought a Sicomtbproducts rear mudguard for my 2022 Cube stereo hybrid and I'm over the moon with the fit as it goes right down to pivot point giving it protection
I did put some double sided tape onto the frame as it was rotating on the cable ties slightly but solid as a rock now
20230124_142815.jpg

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Just ordered one of these ^^^^^^ for my orbea rise, over the years I have only used a clamp on seat post mudguard to protect my back and never really appreciated why people bother faffing about trying to make something for down below.

After removing a kilogram of dried mud ( many rides) from the motor area and having to drink from a water bottle covered in shit enough is enough so I finally get it , hopefully I will be impressed (y)

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
you are happy with that?? The mud flying off the rear tyre does so mostly at the top of the wheel and that mudguard is too short......... so as you can see the mudguard is not providing any protection for .........anything really!

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
I won’t ride with a ridiculous looking thing hanging off the back. This prevented the mountain of mud that normally accumulated at the pivot point and reduced the amount tossed up onto my backside… so yes I am

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles