Raymon

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Any Raymon Fullray owners out there ?
Just ordered the 150e 8.0 from Paul's cycles for a steal.
Not too many reviews out there so any personal experiences 👍

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK

Looks amazing. That is incredible value.

Has yours arrived yet, how does it ride?
Yes had it just over a week .
The Yamaha motor is nicer than the Bosch Gen 4 in my old Cube stereo.
Very smooth , with no cluncking. Hitting the limit isn't as harsh as you get to 16/17 mph before you really feel it.
Only gripe for me is the brake hose , shifter outer and dropper post outer are too long ( personal choice).
And I've just today found out the wheels aren't really tubeless ready because they've used normal rim type that looks like tubeless rim type .
So I say for the money I don't think you'd get a better bargin .

Last edited:

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Side note after 4 attempts at going tubeless it's back in with the tubes.
The rims seem impossible to seal at the join, even with a smear of silicon over it .

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Just bought the Raymon Fullray 9.0 from Paul’s cycles…sort of spec you get on a 4k+ bike so seems great on paper. How are you liking yours?

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Just bought the Raymon Fullray 9.0 from Paul’s cycles…sort of spec you get on a 4k+ bike so seems great on paper. How are you liking yours?
It's way better than my Cube stereo hybrid race 140. Only gripe was the length of brake hose , nut soon had them trimmed.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Oh and the brake pads, swop them out for Galfer ebike purple ones.
Cost around £50 for a full set but worth every penny.👍

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
What brakes did you get? Mine has SRAM DB8 not the Magura ones on the site.
Yes magura, 4 pot on the front, single rear .
Galfer do pads for shimano , mate put them in his XT 4pots on his Obrea H20 and couldn't believe how much the power increased.

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Yes magura, 4 pot on the front, single rear .
Galfer do pads for shimano , mate put them in his XT 4pots on his Obrea H20 and couldn't believe how much the power increased.
Weird I got DB8s all around. I’ll try those pads, thanks! What kind of battery life are you getting?
Also do you know if the display can be upgraded? I see Yamaha does a nicer looking colour one.
Also mine came with Maxxis Dissector tyres which was different the the official specs.

RiderOnTheStorm

Weird I got DB8s all around. I’ll try those pads, thanks!
It appears many bike manufacturers started to fit DB8 brakes on their low/medium range offerings.

If you're interested, there is a discussion about these brakes in the following thread:

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Weird I got DB8s all around. I’ll try those pads, thanks! What kind of battery life are you getting?
Also do you know if the display can be upgraded? I see Yamaha does a nicer looking colour one.
Also mine came with Maxxis Dissector tyres which was different the the official specs.
Currently getting around 60 miles and mine is chipped with a volspeed v3 so top assisted is around 30mph .
I'll do at least 3x 20 mile local runs a week on 1 charge.
There are different control units but they are dear , the X control is around £250 maybe a bit when adding postage.
I've got Nobby Nic black walls , they aren't a bad tyre for grip and wear but will look for a chunkier rear in a while as my local trails are back to swamp conditions.
Just remember to pop some grease into the key lock barrel for the battery as they can seize up and the likes of WD40/GT85 don't work to well on the brass parts inside.
If you plan to go tubeless get 25mm Gorilla tape and a big bottle of Stans fluid to get them to seal up 👍

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Ok thanks! What’s wrong with the rims, never had to use more tape on tubeless ready rims?

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Ok thanks! What’s wrong with the rims, never had to use more tape on tubeless ready rims?
They aren't taped as we would know it , just a tight fitting rim tape , I kept getting a leak at the seams even after a few attempts with different tapes and sealent.
Warming up gorilla tape with a hair dryer to seal it up then a good 140ml of stans got it to seal .

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Bike assembled and after a first test ride, thought I would share my first impressions ( I got the FullRay 150e 9.0 https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/bikes...-150e-90-electric-mountain-armor-green__11810).

The bike is a beast! It's chunky and very heavy, I weighed it fully assembled out of the box at 26KG (not tubeless yet). So this is a heavy, full fat eMTB. That said:
- It is well made and seems like a quality bike. Everything was neat and tidy and well put together, I was riding within 10 minutes.
- Assembly was very easy, no issues or adjustment required other than dropper height and shock sag.
- Once riding you don't really notice the weight, seems nicely balanced on jumps, and I could still bunny hop up a kerb no issues.
- Brakes are Sram DB8s, which have some mixed reviews. Coming from Shimano XT/SLX/Deore, they seem absolutely fine so far, but not been to the bike park yet. Levers are small one finger which I like.
- Motor seems quiet, powerful and responsive. Tops out at 16mph which is an artificial limit, I don't think I will unlock it yet as this is fine for the moment.
- Dropper looks like a rebranded Brand-X Ascend 150mm, which is fine. Seat post is ungreased, added some grease and then it slides right down into the frame to the collar.
- Display looks precarious in case of a crash, being on top of the bars.
- Rear shock is fine once sag adjusted for my weight. Fork is lowish end but fine for the moment (at least it's not suntour 🤮), better than you see on some other mid range bikes.

Overall, this is a heavy but quality bike with some decent mid range components, and at least the alloy frame should last a good while. Certainly a bargain at the current price on Pauls.

Last edited:

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
There's room to save weight but it'll cost £'s to make any real noticeable .
Just chevk for wear on a regular basis, go tubeless and enjoy it 👍
My Hong-Kong Phooey tattoo agrees 😉
20230921_153755.jpg

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Ok those rims are a complete pain to set up tubeless, they basically have no bead which in my view makes them not tubeless ready at all.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Ok those rims are a complete pain to set up tubeless, they basically have no bead which in my view makes them not tubeless ready at all.
It's the seam , it's pinned not welded so will leak.
That's why I said about heating gorilla tape and a lot of stans fluid.

pjtmx

Dec 27, 2023
Swales
Hi i am looking to purchase the fullray 150e 9.0 as a first emtb. Just wanted to know what you think of it and whats it like?

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Hi i am looking to purchase the fullray 150e 9.0 as a first emtb. Just wanted to know what you think of it and whats it like?
I'll be honest it's better than the Cube stereo hybrid race 140 I had .
Didn't notice any lack off power between motors .
If anything the Yamaha is smoother and the limit definitely doesn't kick in as hard on it compared to the bosch cx.
Only things I did not like and these were personal , the headset is loose bearing not sealed units but cheap to replace when required.
Brake hoses were a bit too long but easy trimmed.
If you're UK buy from Paul's Cycles as they are discounted 👍

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Enjoying mine
really enjoying mine, solid bike. Agree headset and wheels were crap but everything else good. Good range and plenty of power.

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Hey, anyone know how to remove the battery on these things? Easy to remove the cover and found key hole, key turns but nothing happens. There’s a piece of metal which prevents it from falling out which doesn’t seem to move.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Hey, anyone know how to remove the battery on these things? Easy to remove the cover and found key hole, key turns but nothing happens. There’s a piece of metal which prevents it from falling out which doesn’t seem to move.
They can be fiddly , squirt a bit of WD40 /OIL into the lock bit don't force the key .

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
They can be fiddly , squirt a bit of WD40 /OIL into the lock bit don't force the key .
Thanks sorted it, didn’t realise you had to move the kind of thumb turn thing up after unscrewing it. Got it in out of the cold shed now, thanks.

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
Anyone know is the Yamaha Display A on these bikes (with PW-ST motor) are replaceable with Interface X display? I can't find any confirmation on this. If so, is it just a straight swap?

Interface X

Thanks

Last edited:

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
From what I can find out they are interchangeable.l if they are post 2022 production.

halbot

Sep 16, 2023
UK
From what I can find out they are interchangeable.l if they are post 2022 production.
Thanks, I don't what year my PW-ST is from but I guess 2022 or later. So perhaps they changed the connector after that.

Edit: OK I've ordered one so will report back! Just don't like the look of the display a on the bars, also if crashed it will take a beating.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles