Levo Gen 3 Rattling SWorks 2022 Levo

Stuck1967

Oct 3, 2022
Bonita , CA
I have a SWORKS Turbo Levo 2022.
Bike rattles over chunky or rough terrain .
I’ve replaced motor , battery , brakes , wheels , and removed the SWAT tool and went with the star nut .
I’ve been on the bike going over bumpy terrain and have removed the battery , dropper , and chain . Bike still has same rattle - all bolts and flip chips have been cleaned , torqued and checked . Also wrapped cables under the TCU . I’ve been riding 40+ years and have never experienced this much frustration with a bike . Any help appreciated .
Thanks ,
Steve

Last edited:

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
My 2022 S-WORKS Levo of this year, had an issue with the rear suspension and that caused the rattle. My Specialized dealer couldn't find it either and only after changing !2! shox they could pinpoint the rattle. Seems like another brand new shock in the store had the exact same issue. Now fox sorted me out and the bike is dead silent.

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Even tho shock has been serviced I would try a different one had two 19 levos with same noise and my comp 22 started doing it all turned out to be rear shock all bikes are running coils now plus bought a kenevo expert first ride clunking noise from rear shock took bike back and got my money back but that’s just my experience

Lesdapost

Jan 15, 2022
Uk
I’ve replaced motor , battery , brakes , wheels , and removed the SWAT tool and went with the star nut .
I’ve been on the bike going over bumpy terrain and have removed the battery , dropper , and chain . Bike still has same rattle - all bolts and flip chips have been cleaned , torqued and checked . Also wrapped cables under the TCU . I’ve been riding 40+ years and have never experienced this much frustration with a bike . Any help appreciated .
Thanks ,
Steve
Check brake cable vibration on fork

jamtb

Nov 21, 2021
Grove City, Pennsylvania
A very common issue is the Steering stem bearing, but it is more of a Creak than a rattle. It happens when you pedal and or hit bumps, you may want to take the steering stem apart and grease good since you have most other things.
Also check motors bolts especially the left handed threaded one on the right side of the bike.

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
Thanks ,
Steve
Hi Steve, I have a Levo Pro MY22 and had a rattle in it since new which I have now totally resolved. During this process I completely stripped the bike down so that I could inspect all internals including motor casing to try and find the sources.
To cut a long story short the number 1 culprit was the Fox X2 rear shock. I've tried two of the buggers and had a horrible knocking feeling and noise with both. I eventually changed to a Rockshow 2023 super deluxe ultimate and all the knocks and rattles have now gone. Bike also rides and feels so much better since fitting. I was so impressed I ditched the Fox 38s on the front for some new 2023 zebs. If you are a MY22 levo owner I highly recommend this change. I would say that there wasn't a massive difference with the forks but the rear shock made a world of difference.

I would also inspect the internal cables and cable guides under tcu and within down tube and side arm as I think these can be sources of slight rattles. particularly the cable guides if they have become dislodged from cable entry clamps at headtube area. I got rid of as many cables possible by switch in to AXS dropper and shifter. I would highly recommend both. I found the Fox transfer to be sticky since new so was glad to get rid of it.
I would also open up the plastic case on the motor area and fit some adhesive rubber sheet 1-2mm to internal plastic surfaces and tape down the D ring silver handle on the battery power cable as this D clip can rattle against the motor plastic casing.

Just to reiterate though. The X2 was the main culprit in my experience. The bike is now exactly as I want it and feels so much better with the changes made above.

Cheers

John

Stuck1967

Oct 3, 2022
Bonita , CA
Hi Steve, I have a Levo Pro MY22 and had a rattle in it since new which I have now totally resolved. During this process I completely stripped the bike down so that I could inspect all internals including motor casing to try and find the sources.
To cut a long story short the number 1 culprit was the Fox X2 rear shock. I've tried two of the buggers and had a horrible knocking feeling and noise with both. I eventually changed to a Rockshow 2023 super deluxe ultimate and all the knocks and rattles have now gone. Bike also rides and feels so much better since fitting. I was so impressed I ditched the Fox 38s on the front for some new 2023 zebs. If you are a MY22 levo owner I highly recommend this change. I would say that there wasn't a massive difference with the forks but the rear shock made a world of difference.

I would also inspect the internal cables and cable guides under tcu and within down tube and side arm as I think these can be sources of slight rattles. particularly the cable guides if they have become dislodged from cable entry clamps at headtube area. I got rid of as many cables possible by switch in to AXS dropper and shifter. I would highly recommend both. I found the Fox transfer to be sticky since new so was glad to get rid of it.
I would also open up the plastic case on the motor area and fit some adhesive rubber sheet 1-2mm to internal plastic surfaces and tape down the D ring silver handle on the battery power cable as this D clip can rattle against the motor plastic casing.

Just to reiterate though. The X2 was the main culprit in my experience. The bike is now exactly as I want it and feels so much better with the changes made above.

Cheers

John

Cheers

John
What about the X2 caused the knocking ?
Internals or the mounting hardware on the rear eyelet ?
Thanks for your response.
Steve

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
How many of these do you have fitted? Should be at least one, and up to two on size S4,5,6.

150BAD80-973F-42D3-9732-444124F9FC5D.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles