Range test! Problem?

AlexMTN

Apr 3, 2022
italy
Hi at all,
I'm testing a Haibike Xduro allmtn5.0 flyon 9 month used e-bike.
Today i did a 30km ride with it.

The first part of ride was 15Km of HILL only with 1430mt difference in height, at the start battery was 98% and arrived at 20% over the mountain (15km)!

The second part of the ride was 15Km of steep descent, and i arrived at start point with 10% of battery! the return ride wasn't the same track of the ascent!

But, the computer on bike says that the motor power consumption was 340Wh, where are go the last 300Wh of battery ?

IMPORTANT thing, i did all ride in:
15% LOW mode
28% ECO mode
57% OFF mode (THE rest of ride )
Average External temperature 18° celsius

I never used e-bikes, this model is the first for me, it is normal or the consumption is too high?...
I rely on your experience!...thanks.

P.S. the flyon motor is new , it was change in february 2022 because the old one made a strange noise! The battery status/voltage seems ok , the brakes works fine.

Happy EASTER and Best Wishes at all,

ALESSANDRO

Last edited:

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Like I wrote today here, I have the same bike new and I only did 36km, 650m climbing and the batter was dead! I only used Eco/Low and a little bit Med/High. Cant believe you did 1430m climbing. That sounds really good. Another thing I really hate is how hard it is to ride it with the motor off. Much worse than Bosch/shimano. Flyon claims there is no resistance but there is very hard resistance from the motor when it is off.

AlexMTN

Apr 3, 2022
italy
Like I wrote today here, I have the same bike new and I only did 36km, 650m climbing and the batter was dead! I only used Eco/Low and a little bit Med/High. Cant believe you did 1430m climbing. That sounds really good. Another thing I really hate is how hard it is to ride it with the motor off. Much worse than Bosch/shimano. Flyon claims there is no resistance but there is very hard resistance from the motor when it is off.

I did It man! But i'm destroyed now!

Screenshot_20220416-171508.jpg

Yes the resistance of the motor in Off Is very high Is impossible ride in Off mode.

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
So in my quest to extend range I installed Maxxis Dissector in the rear 27.5 x 2.6 instead of the draggy DHR 2 27.5 x 2.8. I may also change the DHF in the front for the Dissector which is indeed faster rolling with suffiecient grip for my kind of riding. Also thinking of changing the chain ring for a 42T version. See how that works...

AlexMTN

Apr 3, 2022
italy
So in my quest to extend range I installed Maxxis Dissector in the rear 27.5 x 2.6 instead of the draggy DHR 2 27.5 x 2.8. I may also change the DHF in the front for the Dissector which is indeed faster rolling with suffiecient grip for my kind of riding. Also thinking of changing the chain ring for a 42T version. See how that works...

Yep...you are right and seem good solution for flat and smoother Road, in My case i went in a very steep and Rocky paths and i use 36T chain ring....althoght thanks for share your setup .
P.S....i found this range extender someone has tryed It?

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Yep...you are right and seem good solution for flat and smoother Road, in My case i went in a very steep and Rocky paths and i use 36T chain ring....althoght thanks for share your setup .
P.S....i found this range extender someone has tryed It?
I have actually seen this before when I looked for an extender battery for my Focus Jam2. As far as I know they dont speak english. And as you happen to be Italian can you check with them how is it connected with the motor ? Does it come with a special cable that connects it to the charging socket ?

AlexMTN

Apr 3, 2022
italy
I have actually seen this before when I looked for an extender battery for my Focus Jam2. As far as I know they dont speak english. And as you happen to be Italian can you check with them how is it connected with the motor ? Does it come with a special cable that connects it to the charging socket ?

I take the follw pics on their store, i do not belive the the connections are waterproof ,And It Is not sefe for me!

Screenshot_20220423-195534__01.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles