Rail Battery Parts Diagrams

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’ve managed to get hold of exploded parts diagrams for the Aluminium Rail.

IMG_0440.jpg

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
This is invaluable info, thanks. All the bike shops I spoke to said the 500w battery wouldn’t fit the Rail. With this spacer showing the contrary, it means that when shopping for an eBike for the wife, it has to be Trek.

That was I can have a spare on rare 100km outings, but also could shed some weight running the 500 for shorter runs too. Yew!

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
This is invaluable info, thanks. All the bike shops I spoke to said the 500w battery wouldn’t fit the Rail. With this spacer showing the contrary, it means that when shopping for an eBike for the wife, it has to be Trek.

That was I can have a spare on rare 100km outings, but also could shed some weight running the 500 for shorter runs too. Yew!
My Rail 5 comes with the 500w battery. How would the bike shop not know that. All other Rails come with the 625w. I've still not managed to kill the 500w yet. Did 35 miles last week with 4800ft climbing still had a bar left.

Last edited:

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
Nah I mean my 625wh Rail (longer battery), I wanted to see if I bought a Powerfly 5 for the wife, if I could use that battery in mine too. They said no, diagram says yes.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Perhaps they meant it isn’t a straight swap? Running a second internal battery looks to be either expensive of a proper PITA that you wouldn’t want to attempt trail side.
By the time you’ve bought all the bits you need you might be better off just buying a Rail 5

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
Nah I mean my 625wh Rail (longer battery), I wanted to see if I bought a Powerfly 5 for the wife, if I could use that battery in mine too. They said no, diagram says yes.
Yes it definitely will fit. Mine just has a spacer in it. I could swap to a 625 with ease. Don't know how easy it will be to fit the battery cover on if you use the spare battery I've not really looked how it all fits together.

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
Perhaps they meant it isn’t a straight swap? Running a second internal battery looks to be either expensive of a proper PITA that you wouldn’t want to attempt trail side.
By the time you’ve bought all the bits you need you might be better off just buying a Rail 5
It’s a turn of the key and it’s out. 5 seconds. I don’t know the battery cover cost but a new 625wh battery in Oz is $1400 and the bike is $8k so you’re well ahead! The 500w battery with spacer and cover is probably about the same cost.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Roughly how much does a 625wh battery weigh?
I assume if you wanted a spare, you’d have to buy a second fascia for it to match your bike?

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
I assume if you wanted a spare, you’d have to buy a second fascia for it to match your bike?
I'm
I can't find the weight specs anywhere. I know if I get a spare it will be a 500. That would be plenty for a big day out. Yes you'd have to get a matching battery cover and the clips and end caps.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I store my bikes currently on a ‘Floaterhoist’ device - which allows me to pull them up to the ceiling horizontally. It means they take up no room on my garage floor, and are high enough to walk under without worrying about.

I know the Rail 9.9 in size Large is approx 22kg with pedals and tubeless. I wondered what it would lose if I took the battery off. I assume it would be under 20kg - which is the weight limit of my storage.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
I store my bikes currently on a ‘Floaterhoist’ device - which allows me to pull them up to the ceiling horizontally. It means they take up no room on my garage floor, and are high enough to walk under without worrying about.

I know the Rail 9.9 in size Large is approx 22kg with pedals and tubeless. I wondered what it would lose if I took the battery off. I assume it would be under 20kg - which is the weight limit of my storage.

Then you should be good. Battery weight is roughly 3.5 kilograms.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve gone back and re-read the Floaterhoist FAQ, and it’s actually capable of 25kg.
Looks like I can store with or without the battery in - depending if it’s charged when I put the bike away!

taifi

Jan 4, 2020
addicted.com
Hi riders, i have a question about your Rails...bough my girlfriend a rail 7 and...inside the frame, under the battery , there are 5 cables....purion, dropper, back brake and shifter...what that the 1st one from left to wright does ??? (her is broke, but the bike is working normal)

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles