Rail 7 breakin rides

Razz1

Apr 7, 2020
Pennsylvainia,usa
125 miles on new bike.1st front brakes terrible.Feels like they need to be bled.Power awesome.Hills no longer exist.Back brakes seem ok.Been cleaning after every ride.Quite challenging not to get motor and battery wet while washing.In all of my rides haven't used more than two bars.Tires seem to grip ok.Still have tubes.Little skeptical to go tubless.Dont like presta valves,pain using adapters.Wish they were Schrader valves.Was going to drill out rim's for Schrader valves but LBS can't get tubes in 2.6 with Schraders.Might have to upgrade front brakes.Other then small problems loving bike.Most fun I've had.

BigMark

Feb 10, 2020
Any reputable bike shop will set you up tubeless before you roll out the door, when they say no discount because of covid you should kindly ask if they can include tubeless, helmet, water bottle and co2 kit they most likely will. Anybody using tubes will get so many flats life will be miserable. Right now the bike shops are running out of parts, the parts you will go through are pads, rotors, tires, chains, and cassettes stock up if you are riding hard.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
I had to bleed my brakes aswell, just used a small syringe with the plunger bit out as my fluid holder whilst I did the whole pull the lever and open the bleed valve thing now. Brakes are much better now and I’m more than happy with them.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Don’t drill your rims , you will want to go tubeless , and if they are drilled out you’ll have no chance you shouldn’t need an adapter with presta , sounds like you’ve got the wrong pump fitting . Or maybe look at one of the tannus type systems not sure about the 7 but the 9 was tubeless ready set up by the shop .
Front brake most likely wants the pistons setting out a bit or just centralising seems to be common on lots of new brakes now
Remove wheel or caliper and carefully squeeze the brake lever so the pistons move out a bit and are a tighter fit on the discs , they will then re set even if they feel a bit tight to begin with . Check out adjusting brakes on YouTube , you’ll need to do it quite often on any disc setup

Jschlueter

Dec 31, 2019
Bentonville, AR
Stans makes a Schrader tubeless valve if you decide to go that way. The stock brakes work great if the pads are bed in properly, hydraulics bled correctly and calipers are centered on the rotor.

tu204z00.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles