Quick timelapse i filmed showing why i need an ebike

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
Nice. Is that rider that flew past you on an ebike?
Haha, he was a jogger. The older I get the harder it is pushing a 38lb rig up an 800' elevation 1.5 miles. Really makes me pick the run I really want to do because coming back up for a different run is never an option

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Yep ...you need an e bike !,
Masses of fun researching the market ,masses of heartache over the price , masses of doubt if you have bought the right one .............BUT. MASSES of fun once you have one!
Join the joyous .:love:

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
Yep ...you need an e bike !,
Masses of fun researching the market ,masses of heartache over the price , masses of doubt if you have bought the right one .............BUT. MASSES of fun once you have one!
Join the joyous .:love:
I couldn't agree more. Since November I have put roughly 100 miles on a decoy demo bike and roughly 50 miles on a Kenevo. At first when I tried the decoy I was sold, but needed to look around as its not a cheap entry fee. After doing research I have found that the 2020Commencal Meta power 29 team would be my next bike. I am downhill oriented, but need something that will be fun all over the mountain and not just the decents. It really sinks in after every ride that I beat myself up over, ill be toasted and have done only 2 laps, while at the same time my friends on ebikes will clean up 5+ runs in the time it takes me to hike up.
On the upside the 2020 Meta 29 is usually always in stock, the downside is that they don't finance and pulling $6k out of the air is as impossible as pedaling my bike to the top

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
You might need an e-mtb but you should first look into your seat height because you have it far too low for efficient pedalling. This video is worth a watch.
I am well aware of the height of my seat. At 38lbs and geared for a park, bringing my seat up allows me to pedal slightly further, but still I am not on a pedaling bike really. I've been riding for a good 25 years and have had dropper posts in the past, its just not my cup of tea on a park bike. Thanks for the cool video though

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
Sometimes I just grab a friend's bike and push it uphill since I feel guilty, while they're riding my eeb. After all I'm riding with them not against them. I always regret it around 50% up there. When it's not much of a technical climb I enjoy simply giving them a lift, hand in hand. Do I try to scare them while doing so? Maybe...

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
Sometimes I just grab a friend's bike and push it uphill since I feel guilty, while they're riding my eeb. After all I'm riding with them not against them. I always regret it around 50% up there. When it's not much of a technical climb I enjoy simply giving them a lift, hand in hand. Do I try to scare them while doing so? Maybe...
That's cool of you, when pushing my bike up I just imagine the lines and flow I would be doing if I had an ebike. I don't expect my friends to wait around for me. In all honesty they can easily do 2-3 decents before I make it to the top. They will usually wait for me if I'm close by, but thats about it. I enjoy the speed and flow of riding which is why I'm always ponted down, if I had an ebike then the fast and flow could be found anywhere and not just pointing down. We even have a designated ebike uptrail with jumps and berms. One day

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles