Kenevo Gen1 Proper Boxxer set up on 2020 Kenevo

E-volution

Sep 10, 2019
South Africa
So this is my question. The Boxxer is a dual crown fork, the upper crown moves up and down depending on where you run your handlebar and how many spacers you have under the clamp to raise or lower the handlebar height. Seems that despite this people always adjust the fork so the top of the stanchion is level with the top of the top clamp, this can't be right. Rockshox says you always measure from the bottom clamp 163 +/- 2 mm to the top of the stanchion the position of the top clamp is irrelevant. Obviously the position affects the geometry and weight distribution on the bike. Does anybody have an idea what the default setup is on the Kenevo is ?. Thanks in advance

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
You are correct people seem to have them all over the place, which I guess is ok as long as the seals don't hit the crown's.
The stock sram measure you mention give a 560mm axle to crown. From the bikes I've had it seems spesh use about 155mm for nearer 570mm a2c, which then matches the bomber on the comp model.
Personally I don't know why they didn't fit a 190mm airshaft and use the default sram setting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles