problems with Kenevo push-assistant

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Dear all,

I have a Kenevo Expert mod 2018, Software updated and ongoing problems with the push-assistant.
Either it does not work in 50% of usage or it works but stops working while using it.

When it works it is (after update couple of months ago) strong, fast (appx 5-6 km/h)

Has someone had similar experiences and knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
No problems here, but first make sure you don't put too much stress on it, so it might refuse to work. Switch the bike in a low gear, so the walk assist has an easier job. Then make sure you don't lift the finger from the button (my wife constantly did that when she tried the walk assist first). Also make sure all the contacts of the cable-plug are clean (maybe use some electric contact spray). Did you pressure-wash your bike? The remote is "rain and hand wash safe" but not water-proof against pressure washers, so that can ruin the remote for sure. If you keep having trouble, you might have to bring it back to the lbs.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Thanks a lot

Finger no problem

No pressure wash only garden hose

Cable pug sounds interesting: do you mean the point where cable enters remote?

And yes, have the impression that walk assist does not like too long or strenuos clims and then stops working.

Best

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Thanks a lot

Finger no problem

No pressure wash only garden hose

Cable pug sounds interesting: do you mean the point where cable enters remote?

And yes, have the impression that walk assist does not like too long or strenuos clims and then stops working.

Best

ok, good :)

No i meant the main cable-plug down at the battery. One of the pins is dedicated to the remote-cable, just make sure there's no dirt causing connection-losses.

Do you have other remote-failures as well or is it just the walk-assist?

Another reason for a non-functional or better sometimes "not-properly-working" remote could be the known "cable-clamp issue". This cable-clamp here inside the motor cover can cause damage on the cables and if that's the remote-cable, it could lead to a malfunctioning walk mode (as well as other problems - who knows):
1566823788466.png

My walk mode on the kenevo works well, i never had interrupts and i have used it on very steep and rocky climbs where walking was nearly impossible and i kind of have myself stabilized and pulled up there with my walk-assisting bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles