Problem with Fox DHX2 Coil shock

Scott M

Mar 22, 2022
Australia
Evening all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a question about my Fox DHX2 coil shock on my 2020 Norco Range VLT C2 (second hand).

I was trying to make some adjustments to the shock and can make the low speed adjustments that use the 3mm hex OK but when it comes to the high speed 6mm there is what looks like a black plug/collar in the way. When I look at images of the same type of shock as mind from the web (attached) the black plug/collar isn't there - should I remove them?

This is driving me crazy as I really need to make the adjustments.

Cheers,

Scott

web shot.jpg

adjuster closeup.jpg

wide angle.jpg

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I cannot say for sure why, but this is similar to my YT Decoy. Even though the shock is classed as a Performance Elite, which should have high and low speed compression, I can only adjust the low speed. I assume this is a cost saving measure from YT and that various other manufactures likely also have slightly different from normal versions. I can only imagine that's what's happening here. Unless you can somehow remove the black rings and the 6mm hex is underneath.....? My DHX2 doesn't have the black rings, the 6mm is just not there.

Have you put the code into the fox site? If I do that it confirms that despite being an elite, it only has LSC/LSR and the switch.

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
I had the same shock on my Kenevo SL. Even though it is classified as Performance Elite it isn’t. It is a cost cutting spec from the bike company, which seems quite silly at the price of these bikes. Just put the best shock on there and charge the customer the $50-100 which isn’t a significant amount in the overall cost of ebikes. I bought a used Factory X2 and had it custom tuned. A very noticeable upgrade having low and high speed adjustments.

Scott M

Mar 22, 2022
Australia
I had the same shock on my Kenevo SL. Even though it is classified as Performance Elite it isn’t. It is a cost cutting spec from the bike company, which seems quite silly at the price of these bikes. Just put the best shock on there and charge the customer the $50-100 which isn’t a significant amount in the overall cost of ebikes. I bought a used Factory X2 and had it custom tuned. A very noticeable upgrade having low and high speed adjustments.
Np, I guess that take shortcuts when they can. I appreciate your time.
Cheers,
Scott

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles