PowerTube 625 failure - terrible Bosch service

Seralia

May 24, 2020
UK
Hi, has anyone else experienced issues with Bosch service? I purchased a new Cube Reaction SL625 and the battery died on 3rd use. Been waiting 3 weeks and gone through major stress with Bosch - they have no stock!!

Aitrui

May 16, 2020
Budapest
Sad to hear that. :( I heard only good things about Bosch warranty storys.

I think most of the stock problems are caused by this Corona situation, peoples bought up everything, restocking is impossible if the factory can't make more because of missing parts from overseas.

Seralia

May 24, 2020
UK
Sure, but the whole experience was poor - antiquated technology: no ability to track and trace - at the beginning, it took several attempts to get the warranty claim logged properly. Looking at trust pilot for Bosch UK, I’m not the only customer angry at customer services.. just hope Bosch listens and gets their act together.

Brer Anansi

Jun 12, 2020
exeter
I took delivery of a Cube Reaction Hybrid Ex yesterday, and the battery (Bosh Powertube 625) has gone dead after its second charge. I'm aware that you need to disconnect the battery from the charger before turning off the charger, and I have been careful to do this. There is no indication of power either on the bike or when connected to the charger. I'm waiting for either the bike shop or Bosch to respond. I've seen several posts on this issue - it's beginning to look like a design fault or a bad batch.

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Bosch are very slow at the moment apparently due to the pandemic waited 4 weeks for my motor to be replaced with my other motor replacement it's generaly 2 weeks for them to process and action warranty claims

Seralia

May 24, 2020
UK
Yes, I think you are right, but to give no indication of that on their website or through the retailers selling the bikes is wrong. It would take no time to splash a Covid19 message on the website. At least then you can make an informed choice on whether you take the risk and order anyway.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I took delivery of a Cube Reaction Hybrid Ex yesterday, and the battery (Bosh Powertube 625) has gone dead after its second charge. I'm aware that you need to disconnect the battery from the charger before turning off the charger, and I have been careful to do this. There is no indication of power either on the bike or when connected to the charger. I'm waiting for either the bike shop or Bosch to respond. I've seen several posts on this issue - it's beginning to look like a design fault or a bad batch.

Where does it say you have to disconnect the charger before turning the power off, I haven’t seen that before?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you paid on a credit card get them involved under section 75. If nothing else it'll put a rocket up the bike shop. and may get them to pull their finger out.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I've seen it in several posts - apparently Bosch had advised this, claiming it's a 'safety feature'.

Bosch replied to my query with that statement. A little bit strange because it only seems to be important on my 625Wh powertube. My missus has a 500Wh powertube which isn't affected by disconnection order.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Took Bosch over 2 months to fix the low speed problem on mine(advertised 32kph actual was 28 kph), they had to replace engine to fix this which they didnt want to do so just tried to bs there way out of it!
You have to remember its not Bosch warranty, its a person the works for Bosch that decides the quality of your service

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Surely that was just a case of adjusting the wheel size?

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Surely that was just a case of adjusting the wheel size?
They can only adjust a small percentage, they tried quite a few times, saying it was fixed but actually was no change or very little. The display speed would change but actually speed stayed the same. Yes it seams crazy bosch cant even change the speed. Motor changed, all good.

Tedy25

Nov 14, 2019
Korea
I had exactly the same issue! It took me two months to get my battery replaced.
Good luck with the warranty......

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles