Solihull
View attachment 3777
My Beast.
Upgrades so far:
Cain Creek db inline for the monarch
Push ACS coil conversion for the revelation
Awesome battery sticker :cool:
ToDo:
Cush Core inserts as soon as the plus gets available.
Shorter crank arms
:giggle::p View attachment 3781

Really nice upgrades. Makes a great bike look even more greater-er :)

Can you tell me what coil shock ( make/model) that is as it looks the bomb dot com. Also where do you get those battery stickers ?

Mucho grassy ass.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Hi Major,
Thanks, really love the bike with the cane creek double barrel inline shock. I got it from tf-tuned. They where really helpful to determine the right coil for my weight. Perfect fit and really easy to install together with the new bike yoke.
The sticker I got from stickerdecalsgraphics.co.uk
It’s custom made, you can ask them for it, can’t find it on the website.
Grtzzzz

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
My 2018 Turbo Levo with new 29" Carbon wheels/tires - I must say that I prefer the quicker steering for our local trails here in Denmark, highest point in Denmark is 179 meters = 587 feet so its not that much going Downhill but more technical.

IMG_1408.JPG

Karsten

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Thought I had better post this now as I believe I am finally at a point where I am happy with how it rides, feels and looks. I purchased this second hand off one of the forum members in February this year.

The only OEM parts left on this bike are the frame, motor, battery and rear derailleur.

I did not feel the need to change the derailleur as it works just as well as all my XX1 derailleurs on my acoustic bikes.

My 2017 Levo FSR Fattie

Please note: I am a serial upgrader and most of the parts listed below came off my various analogue bikes and ‘in stock’ parts.

1. Lyrik Dual position air 180mm/150mm forks.

2. Customised TF Tuned DB Cane Creek coil with a 55mm stroke. Ohlins 525lb spring. I believe this gives me around 160mm plus of rear travel.

3. Schwalbe Magic Mary Ultra Soft 2.6 DH carcass tyres.

4. SRAM Roam 60 Carbon 30mm internal wide rims.

5. 137mm Kris Holme cranks. Love these cranks, great for lumpy slow technical steep uphill trails. Had 150s on but I find these are perfect for me.

6. SRAM XX1 10-42 cassette. This has allowed me to keep the 32 front and gives me the gearing of a 35/36 tooth up front

7. Fitted the 2018 wired remote with walk assist, this involved drilling a hole in the frame and some soldering work to rejoin the wires ? I am not worried about the frame warranty before you start going into one. The bike was second hand and the warranty of the frame does not follow the bike only the original owner which is a shame. However, Specialized has revised this for all bikes purchased after June 2018. It now follows the bike but the second owner has to register it. ?

8. Brake combo of XTR 9020 levers with M820 Saint calipers, sintered pads and 203mm disks front and rear

9. 170mm OneUp dropper

10. SDG Bel Air seat

11. Nukeproof 800mm carbon bar

12. Ragley 40mm stem

13. REVGRIP Soft grips (Expensive but worth every penny thanks @Al Boneta yet another great recommendation)

14. PC X1 chain.

15. As I live next to a forest in Wales ??????? and it rains a lot here I have added motorcross foam to various openings to prevent pine needle, mud ingress and the build up of water into the motor cavity area. I have also cut 2 extra slots on the motor covers near the original sump hole to allow water to flow more freely out of the motor cavity area. The 2017 model has a tiny sump hole compared to the 2018 model so I enlarged that as well.

09EB7878-4B5C-4909-B26E-7C91534EDFCE.jpeg

Last edited:

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Thought I had better post this now as I believe I am finally at a point where I am happy with how it rides, feels and looks. I purchased this second hand off one of the forum members in February this year.

The only OEM parts left on this bike are the frame, motor, battery and rear derailleur.

I did not feel the need to change the derailleur as it works just as well as all my XX1 derailleurs on my acoustic bikes.

My 2017 Levo FSR Fattie

Please note: I am a serial upgrader and most of the parts listed below came off my various analogue bikes and ‘in stock’ parts.

2. Customised TF Tuned DB Cane Creek coil with a 55mm stroke. Ohlins 525lb spring. I believe this gives me around 160mm plus of rear travel.

5. 137mm Kris Holme cranks. Love these cranks, great for lumpy slow technical steep uphill trails. Had 150s on but I find these are perfect for me.

6. SRAM XX1 10-42 cassette. This has allowed me to keep the 32 front and gives me the gearing of a 35/36 tooth up front

7. Fitted the 2018 wired remote with walk assist, this involved drilling a hole in the frame and some soldering work to rejoin the wires ? I am not worried about the frame warranty before you start going into one. The bike was second hand and the warranty of the frame does not follow the bike only the original owner which is a shame. However, Specialized has revised this for all bikes purchased after June 2018. It now follows the bike but the second owner has to register it. ?

8. Brake combo of XTR 9020 levers with M820 Saint calipers, sintered pads and 203mm disks front and rear

9. 170mm OneUp dropper

10. SDG Bel Air seat

12. Ragley 40mm stem

13. REVGRIP Soft grips (Expensive but worth every penny thanks @Al Boneta yet another great recommendation)

14. PC X1 chain.

15. As I live next to a forest in Wales ??????? and it rains a lot here I have added motorcross foam to various openings to prevent pine needle, mud ingress and the build up of water into the motor cavity area. I have also cut 2 extra slots on the motor covers near the original sump hole to allow water to flow more freely out of the motor cavity area. The 2017 model has a tiny sump hole compared to the 2018 model so I enlarged that as well.

View attachment 4939
Just read the upgrades to the front and rear travel and was wondering if the bike handled ok, I have always got away with an extra 20mm on the front, but been a bit hesitant about trying anything with the rear?

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails

My 2017 Levo FSR Fattie

7. Fitted the 2018 wired remote with walk assist, this involved drilling a hole in the frame and some soldering work to rejoin the wires I am not worried about the frame warranty before you start going into one. The bike was second hand and the warranty of the frame does not follow the bike only the original owner which is a shame. However, Specialized has revised this for all bikes purchased after June 2018. It now follows the bike but the second owner has to register it.

9. 170mm OneUp dropper

10. SDG Bel Air seat

12. Ragley 40mm stem

14. PC X1 chain.

15. As I live next to a forest in Wales ?????? and it rains a lot here I have added motorcross foam to various openings to prevent pine needle, mud ingress and the build up of water into the motor cavity area. I have also cut 2 extra slots on the motor covers near the original sump hole to allow water to flow more freely out of the motor cavity area. The 2017 model has a tiny sump hole compared to the 2018 model so I enlarged that as well.

View attachment 4939

Hey Kiwi! How about rear tire wear? I can guess,this is the softer compound

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Just read the upgrades to the front and rear travel and was wondering if the bike handled ok, I have always got away with an extra 20mm on the front, but been a bit hesitant about trying anything with the rear?
For my riding style and the terrain where I am I have no complaints regarding how it handles both front and rear. Steep technical climbs are a breeze even set at 180mm travel. Point it down hill and you can just let the bike do it’s thing as it just ploughs through everything giving you a lot of confidence which can sometimes get you in trouble as you sometimes don’t realise how fast you are going. Luckily the Saint brakes are good enough stoppers to get you out of trouble ?

Other people who have ridden it seem to be fairly happy with it too by the smiles on their faces and comments made when they give it back to me.

So to answer your question, does it handle ok?.....yes it does ?
Would I do the same to my next ebike? yes I would.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Hey Kiwi! How about rear tire wear? I can guess,this is the softer compound

Well believe or not the wear on these tyres has been pretty damn good compared to its ‘Soft’ folding version 2.8 fatter brother

Have a read of this post I did a few weeks back.
Kenevo and Levo stock Butcher tyres - grip questions ??? - EMTB Forums

Read it and really useful,thanks . Currently running M.Mary 2,60 front and was thinking in swapping for 2,80,but they don't sell it in Supergravity or DH casing
Maybe 2,80 wide can help me on loose and sketchy trails,not sure

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Read it and really useful,thanks . Currently running M.Mary 2,60 front and was thinking in swapping for 2,80,but they don't sell it in Supergravity or DH casing
What version of 2.6 are you running? Soft? Ultrasoft?
What psi are you running?
What sort of terrain do you ride?
How much do you weigh all kitted up?

Maybe the new to arrive Eddy Currents will suit you?
They will be in a front/rear specific 275 x 2.8 with a Super Gravity carcass.

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
What version of 2.6 are you running? Soft? Ultrasoft?
What psi are you running?
What sort of terrain do you ride?
How much do you weigh all kitted up?

Maybe the new to arrive Eddy Currents will suit you?
They will be in a front/rear specific 275 x 2.8 with a Super Gravity carcass.

Currently using soft version,the orange one Supergravity casing,running 1,5 bar front and 2 bar rear,but here running Nobby Nic. My terrain is dry,loose and rocky. Before was running Minion DHR II but surprisingly much better Magic Mary
I weight 95 Kg kitted up

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield

My 2017 Levo FSR Fattie

9. 170mm OneUp dropper

10. SDG Bel Air seat

12. Ragley 40mm stem

14. PC X1 chain.

View attachment 4939

Hi matey I’m wanting to do the CC coil up grade on my 2018 Levo
Do you know if tf tude could supply the parts as I live in sheffield and it’s quite a journey to get them to install it for me.
I’ve read a few different set ups and some needed retro fitting. I’m hoping I can just get the parts needed and install them myself.
Did you use your original yokes and bushings.
Also if you don’t mind me asking what was the totally cost of the CC coil upgrade. Pm me if you don’t want to divulge this publicly.
Thanks dude

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi matey I’m wanting to do the CC coil up grade on my 2018 Levo
Do you know if tf tude could supply the parts as I live in sheffield and it’s quite a journey to get them to install it for me.
I’ve read a few different set ups and some needed retro fitting. I’m hoping I can just get the parts needed and install them myself.
Did you use your original yokes and bushings.
Also if you don’t mind me asking what was the totally cost of the CC coil upgrade. Pm me if you don’t want to divulge this publicly.
Thanks dude
Hi @Krisj
I already had a used DB coil in stock that came off one of my Acoustic bikes.
Are you in the same position?
If you are, what size is the eye to eye of the shock as this will determine what changes need to be carried out?
Unless you are very confident with pulling your rear shock to bits, changing shock bodies, fitting off set bushes, lengthening/shortening shafts I would recommend you send it in to TF Tuned to get the work done as they will test the shock after the changes and guarantee their work.

I will have to check to see what it cost me. I have used these guys for many many years so they do give me a special pricing so please do not expect the same treatment.

Also, please see the link below which will give you an idea of what was carried out. In theory it should be a lot easier for them to do it now as my shock was the first one they did and it was a ‘trial and error’ process which they won’t have to to with yours.

Levo - Fork / Shock customisations ? - EMTB Forums

Hope this helps

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Hi kiwi thanks for your in-depth reply it was very informative.??
I think I’ll give the guys at TF tuned a call tell them exactly what I want and go from there it seems a mine field after reading your previous thread , I need to get it right from the off.
Your bike looks awesome too bet it’s a totally different ride now. And from you ride disciption it’s exactly what I want
Thanks dude ??

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK

Hi Kiwi,
Regarding the 10-42 cassette which one did you plump for? and I guess you needed to change out the freehub?

Was recently reading the post from Al about the REVGRIPs .. not yet decided but they do look to be worth a punt :)

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Kiwi,
Regarding the 10-42 cassette which one did you plump for? and I guess you needed to change out the freehub?

Was recently reading the post from Al about the REVGRIPs .. not yet decided but they do look to be worth a punt :)

I replaced the entire wheelset with a carbon set with an XD driver on it.
The cassette is SRAM XX1

I can definately recommend the REVGRIPS I no longer get numb hands (y). They are NOT cheap though. I saw a post from Doomanic showing a UK supplier.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Not the greatest photo...but eh, here it is with the specs.

Levo Spec

Current Weight As-Is - 47lbs

DRIVETRAIN
CRANKS - KTM 152mm Crank Arms
SHIFT LEVER - SRAM XX1
REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM XX1 11 Speed

SUSPENSION
REAR SHOCK - RockShox Deluxe RT w/ custom air valve, 150mm of travel + 1 volume spacer (max’d @ 3 - 1 Gnar + 2 Regular )
FORK - RockShox Lyrik RC2, DebonAir, 29" Boost™, 160mm of travel + tokens added (3 total)

WHEELS

FRONT HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, Wolf 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h,
REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, Extralite X12 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
INNER TUBES - None, Tubeless Orange
FRONT TIRE - Purgatory, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
REAR TIRE - Maxxis Rekon, 29x2.6”, tubeless

COCKPIT

SADDLE - Ergon SMA3 Medium
SEATPOST - Rockshox Reverb 125mm, 34.9mm
STEM - Spank Spike 35mm
HANDLEBARS - Spank Spike Bearclaw 777
GRIPS - Ergon GE1 Slim Factory

BRAKES
FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Code RSC, hydraulic disc, 4-Piston Caliper, 200mm
REAR BRAKE - SRAM Code RSC, hydraulic disc, 4-Piston Caliper, 200mm

PEDALS - Spank Oozy Platform

Next on the list:

• New Wheelset (Stans Sentry MK3 29 Rims) + Chris King Hubs
  • RaceFace Chainring (on the fence on this one…we’ll see)
  • 700wh Battery

Madebyspencer

Oct 26, 2018
Los Angeles

My 2017 Levo FSR Fattie

9. 170mm OneUp dropper

10. SDG Bel Air seat

12. Ragley 40mm stem

14. PC X1 chain.

View attachment 4939
May I ask who makes your rear mud flap?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles