Post your Haibike eMTB pics here!

zaimuk

Feb 2, 2020
Lancing
First ride out yesterday in south downs.
20200201_101154.jpg

zaimuk

Feb 2, 2020
Lancing
Awesome!! How are you enjoying the TQ??
I always struggle with going up hills and that was the reason I haven't been out on my other bike. The different mode is great and even on mid mode the assist is very good. Just need to learn how to maximise the range. However it is a heavy bike! The other thing I'm not 100% sure about is the dropper post that comes with it. For some reason I have to push it quite hard for anything to happen. Is it because it's a cable type?

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
I always struggle with going up hills and that was the reason I haven't been out on my other bike. The different mode is great and even on mid mode the assist is very good. Just need to learn how to maximise the range. However it is a heavy bike! The other thing I'm not 100% sure about is the dropper post that comes with it. For some reason I have to push it quite hard for anything to happen. Is it because it's a cable type?
Not sure if it is the same dropper as on the Alltrail Flyon that I have, but mine works easily (as does the one on my friend’s Alltrail).
I would be very interested to hear if you get any software problems such as those I have posted in another Haibike thread.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
Haibike Sduro 1.0 2018 bought in April 2017. (Size L)
IMG_20200131_141623.jpg
IMG_20200131_141704.jpg
IMG_20200131_141632.jpg

• RS bikespeed de-restriction chip (40-45km/h when sprinting on flat)
  • RockShox Recon Silver 120mm (QR! ...)
  • Hope QR Steel Skewers Front ...
  • Custom Rockshox Decals
  • Funn Funnduro Stem 35mm
  • Nukeproof Neutron headset kit
  • Sixpack Spacers
  • Truvativ Holzfeller Riser Bars
  • Supacaz Grizips Lock-On Grips
  • Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur + Acera shifter
  • Shimano HG200 9 speed cassette
  • FSA Chainring DH 38t
  • Brand-X Ascend Dropper seat post
  • FUNN Throne Steel Saddle (10€)
  • Mavic Crossride FTS-X 27.5 rear + front (cheap ass wheelset, +- 80€)
  • WTB Vigilante 2.3 front, Continental RaceKing 2.2 back (lol)
  • Proguard Standard Mudguard (front).
  • Pro Chainstay Protector
  • Nukeproof Neutron EVO flat pedals
  • LifeLine Rubber Frame Protector
  • Shiny cable crimps, valve stems (obligatory).

Not pictured:

• SKS mudguard on the back for commuting,
  • lezyne LASER DRIVE REAR (250lumens) (rear)
  • Lezyne Super Drive 1500XL (1500lumens) (Front)
  • GUB G-86 Aluminum Phone holder when I need the gps
  • A ton of tools I accumulated in almost 3 years.
  • Too lazy to list all the protections; Cratoni helmet with a light chin guard, elbow pad, Scott knees and shins covers, gloves for winter, summer, rain. 100% goggles and lighter safety glasses, rain protections when it's pouring and I still don't wanna take the car.

It's a modest emtb (compared to what we can see here) but I'm a modest rider :)
All of these were bought heavily discounted. I think I spent more in tools which are still very useful for repairing and upgrading my friends' bikes (and probably my next one).

This Sduro will be 3 years old in April, I did thousands of Km with it by commuting everyday or going off roads & testing my (lack of) skills. I crashed hard multiple times, got stitches, scars for life, destroyed gloves, jersey, helmet.

I'm really happy with all the souvenirs I made, the rides with my friends, the time we spent tweaking our bikes. The fact that I'm more mechanically inclined feels good to me, I was a bit tired of PC hardware. I also moved 2 times and it's a pleasure to explore new places on this puppy. I love riding when it's raining or snowing.

I'm also happy about how I ride now v.s. how I rode almost 3 years ago. I stopped biking at 12 and got back into it with this emtb at 29.
And truth to be told, this bike got me out of some dark moments in my life.

Now I love all bikes, road, dirt, jump, fixie, gravel... It's a really interesting world. Still looking out for a complimentary non electric bike.

For once I must applaud my past self, I did a damn good decision by buying this guy. Nice.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
If you want an easy but really good trail then do the Great Glen Way down the Caledonian Canal. Lovely country and places to stop/eat. If you want a more energetic but historic route then the Corrieyairack Pass (google it) is brilliant and easiest from Laggan to Fort Augustus. Glen Affric has plenty of day trails or you can go all the way across to the West Coast.
Just be aware that even in May the weather can change quickly.

Ps. I should also add Aviemore as a base with loads of cycle routes into the Cairngorms.

Last edited:

Electric Warrior

Feb 20, 2020
Sunderland
If you want an easy but really good trail then do the Great Glen Way down the Caledonian Canal. Lovely country and places to stop/eat. If you want a more energetic but historic route then the Corrieyairack Pass (google it) is brilliant and easiest from Laggan to Fort Augustus. Glen Affric has plenty of day trails or you can go all the way across to the West Coast.
Just be aware that even in May the weather can change quickly.

Ps. I should also add Aviemore as a base with loads of cycle routes into the Cairngorms.
thanks for the tips. I'll have a look on Komoot for these routes. The Aviemore idea sounds good. I have a motorhome and if there are locations where I have various, it saves me moving sites. Cheers

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
How did it perform? I ordered one on Friday from the bike stable, so I’m eagerly pacing the living room waiting for it arrive.
First ebike for me so I’m proper excited.

Josh ebike devon

Apr 20, 2020
Devon, United Kingdom
How did it perform? I ordered one on Friday from the bike stable, so I’m eagerly pacing the living room waiting for it arrive.
First ebike for me so I’m proper excited.
Yeah really well, still getting used to the downwards stuff just the extra weight when it starts getting twisty. But having a great time. Once I’d set up the suspension for my weight was spot on. The technical climbs are great the motor does everything I need it too and the battery life is great. I’ve gone as far as 28 miles with a good mix of modes and got home with 2 bars left. I’m planning a few mods but more than happy so far.

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Yeah really well, still getting used to the downwards stuff just the extra weight when it starts getting twisty. But having a great time. Once I’d set up the suspension for my weight was spot on. The technical climbs are great the motor does everything I need it too and the battery life is great. I’ve gone as far as 28 miles with a good mix of modes and got home with 2 bars left. I’m planning a few mods but more than happy so far.
Sounds like your having a great time. The colour looks awesome too. I did have some concerns about the weight but I like the feel of a sold bike underneath me so I think it will suit my riding style. Have you considered the additional battery?

Josh ebike devon

Apr 20, 2020
Devon, United Kingdom
Sounds like your having a great time. The colour looks awesome too. I did have some concerns about the weight but I like the feel of a sold bike underneath me so I think it will suit my riding style. Have you considered the additional battery?
It definitely feels planted and a lot more stable through the rough stuff especially with the 29er on the front it’s ploughs through everything I’ve thrown at it. The weight isn’t an issue I’d rather have the battery and motor power over a super light E-Bike. I have and I have enquired with my local haibike dealer to come back to with some prices see what they. I know a spare in tube battery would cost £700/800 and be larger size than would attach on the rail system, so see what they come back with.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles