Pet-names for your bikes...?

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi all,
I have had many bikes over the yrs (I'm fairly old...) and I have always given my bikes a pet-name

e.g My YT Capra was called "Goatee" as Capra is the genus name for the Goat family in Latin; My Levo is called "Speshy" (I know its not very original!)

I have two more sleeps until I get my new steed (Orbea Wild M10)..

I have two questions:
1) Do you have pet names for your bikes? any funny ones you could share??
2) Any suggestions for my Orbea Wild?

Sorry no prizes
Cheers
Steve

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Err, I'm not one to judge, if you like to name inanimate objects then go right ahead. :)
But (and this question may say more about me than it does about you), how old are you? :unsure:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Hi all,
I have had many bikes over the yrs (I'm fairly old...) and I have always given my bikes a pet-name

e.g My YT Capra was called "Goatee" as Capra is the genus name for the Goat family in Latin; My Levo is called "Speshy" (I know its not very original!)

I have two more sleeps until I get my new steed (Orbea Wild M10)..

I have two questions:

Sorry no prizes
Cheers
Steve
No brainer if you think about it It should just be Ste

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Giant fu(g)lle

454FEB70-C8C5-4158-BB69-B2E1CCE4213D.jpeg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
:(
so you're under-whelmed with my seemingly weird practice!! :LOL:

So you never have named any cars or motor bikes before....? I can't be the only one...... can I??

Steve S... I'm 50 and the Orbea is my 50th b'day present...... I've been waiting for a new bike since my birthday last bloody August.. I had a variety on order and the Orb is arriving first so I've cancelled the rest e.g TREK 9, Spesh Levo (although I've gone off Spesh as a brand now they are priced like the rolls-royce of MTB'ing)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I have two questions:

1 - No & no - never named a bike, car, motorbike or any other inanimate object in my life. That’d be silly & childish and I’m far too sensible for that

2 - The Orb. Little Fluffy Clouds. Orby. Orgy. Orby Orgy. Orb the unstoppable sex machine. Sex machine. Wild Orgy

Feb 27, 2020
home
I have two questions:

Do you blame "Goatee" or "Speshy" when you fall off or get a flat tire ?
Your goatee got stuck in the mud ?

Orbea is a Basque (spanish) manufacturer of bicycles. When you feed the basque word "orbea" into Google translator it translates to "blind" .
What a funny name for a bicycle company but Google is probably wrong. Blind & Wild ?

1) No. I once knew a fox terrier (female dog) named "Samatha Fox". I could say to my friends: I was out with Samantha Fox .
2) "Mustache", close to your goatee, but it sounds a bit like a french bike manufacturer (moustache). Translated into basque it is "Bibote".
2) "Kim" after Kim Wilde although you may be accused of being woman unfriendly when say you are going to ride "..." ?

Samantha and Kim can be found on youtube, if you don't know them.

Last edited:

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I don’t give my bikes names but if I was to choose a name for my Orbea it would be BB. It would need to have a question mark after Orbea to make sense. Makes sense, who am I kidding!

Bee B Or Bee A? ??‍♂️

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Do you blame "Goatee" or "Speshy" when you fall off or get a flat tire ?
Your goatee got stuck in the mud ?

Orbea is a Basque (spanish) manufacturer of bicycles. When you feed the basque word "orbea" into Google translator it translates to "blind" .
What a funny name for a bicycle company but Google is probably wrong. Blind & Wild ?

1) No. I once knew a fox terrier (female dog) named "Samatha Fox". I could say to my friends: I was out with Samantha Fox .
2) "Mustache", close to your goatee, but it sounds a bit like a french bike manufacturer (moustache). Translated into basque it is "Bibote".
2) "Kim" after Kim Wilde although you may be accused of being woman unfriendly when say you are going to ride "..." ?

Samantha and Kim can be found on youtube, if you don't know them.
Great reply thanks; I'm well aware of Sam & Kim..... mmmm... shame neither of them could sing very well and then Sam suddenly became attracted to women ?‍♂️
I should look to some Spanish influence for a name I think!!

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
? you've lost me on that one..... ?
Think about trying to identify two Bees. They both look the same so you have to label one A and the other B. When trying to find out which one produced the must honey you would ask "was it Bee B OR Bee A?" (BB OrBeA?)

You'd never get the ride finished trying to explain it would you, hence the reason why I dont name my bikes!!!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I always name my bikes, currently I have
Carmen - My Electric bike (in py picture)
Pascal - My Chameleon
and Ruby - My red FS that carried its name over from a sparkly red HT

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Think about trying to identify two Bees. They both look the same so you have to label one A and the other B. When trying to find out which one produced the must honey you would ask "was it Bee B OR Bee A?" (BB OrBeA?)

You'd never get the ride finished trying to explain it would you, hence the reason why I dont name my bikes!!!
I get it now!! good one

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
It’s a pedelec so not inanimate. Like a woman you put money in to animate the pedelec bikes take electricity. Which happens to cost money. See women come with names so..... clearly it’s you

only my evil has a name. After my ex’s. Or because it’s made by evil.
very good BamBamoda! your ex was obviously not to your liking!

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
1 - No & no - never named a bike, car, motorbike or any other inanimate object in my life. That’d be silly & childish and I’m far too sensible for that

2 - The Orb. Little Fluffy Clouds. Orby. Orgy. Orby Orgy. Orb the unstoppable sex machine. Sex machine. Wild Orgy
very creative.... sounds like you have been longing to call your bike a nickname with that pent-up creativity/ testosterone ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
:(
so you're under-whelmed with my seemingly weird practice!! :LOL:

So you never have named any cars or motor bikes before....? I can't be the only one...... can I??

Steve S... I'm 50 and the Orbea is my 50th b'day present...... I've been waiting for a new bike since my birthday last bloody August.. I had a variety on order and the Orb is arriving first so I've cancelled the rest e.g TREK 9, Spesh Levo (although I've gone off Spesh as a brand now they are priced like the rolls-royce of MTB'ing)
Looks like a good and sensible choice, I still don't get the naming of inanimate objects thing. Although I do accept that ships, passenger planes and tanks get named, so why not bikes? Not for me though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles