Pedalling backwards

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I’ve got a 2018 Scott with the gen3 Bosch motor and when I pedal backwards there is virtually no resistance. Yesterday I hired a trek with the same motor, when pedalling backwards there is a lot of resistance, had the same Bosch mine has. Mate on same hire bike had same issue so assumed neither was faulty. Any idea why the big difference ?

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Incidentally after singing the praises of the Levo on your loss of confidence thread, mine did exactly the same as yours and left me stranded twice, I ended up doing the same as you and rejecting mine as not fit for purpose?

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Incidentally after singing the praises of the Levo on your loss of confidence thread, mine did exactly the same as yours and left me stranded twice, I ended up doing the same as you and rejecting mine as not fit for purpose?

Oops, it’s a shame as the bikes are good to ride and the after sales is great but I’d prefer a more reliable product over being a beta tester for them. The Trek I hired even with the old Bosch motor rode just as well.
I think I’m going with a new Orbea so I have the dual battery option

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I love the look/price/spec of the orbea and demo’d one. Annoyingly I felt a bit big for the large but too small for the xl.
I was gutted about the Levo, really loved it but ended up not trusting it as you did.
Just ordered a Trek today?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles